- Big Island Hiking & Climbing
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Volcanoes National Park
Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau- home to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, historic farming plantations, ranches, and the famous black sand beach of Punaluu. Discover how the powerful forces of nature have shaped the people and landscape of this dynamic region, Hawaii’s largest land district. The perfect blend of nature and culture led by an expert Interpretive Guide, this tour reveals what it’s like to live on two active volcanoes.
- Discover the all the “must see” spots within the Park including the dramatically changed Halemaumau Crater
- Discover breathtaking views of Kilauea and the Kau coast and catch a bird’s eye view of the Halemaumau Crater from a private view point on Maunaloa
- Sample & shop for award-winning farm fresh coffee at Kau Coffee Mill, along with other
- Hawaii Island grown treats like macadamia nuts, honey, & chocolate
- Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach as you search for basking sea turtles at Punaluu.
- Immerse yourself in stories of Hawaiian legends and mythology with a focus on Pele,
- Hawaiian goddess of fire lightning, wind, & volcanoes
- Explore a historic 165 year old working ranch known for its sprawling view planes, native forest, and wildlife such as cattle, goats, sheep & horses.
- All access fees, coffee tasting, deli lunch, waters, assorted beverages, and use of daypacks, walking staffs, rain gear, and warm wear.
- Lunch: Including sandwich or salad (choice of turkey, ham, tuna, veggie, or mac nut chicken salad) chips, juice drinks, and a sweet treat.
- Available Days: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- Tour Times: 8:35am
- Duration: 7 Hours
What to Bring & Wear:
- Comfortable walking shoes, long pants, and a light jacket.
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 2 to 3 miles on uneven terrain.
- We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions.
- Other tour restrictions may apply.
- Rated: Easy. All ages
Hawaii Forest & Trail Hilo Headquarters
Address: 224 Kamehameha Highway #101, Hilo HI 96720
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/WZxuDmHopSq
Please check in 15 minutes prior to your tour start time.
Pick up available in the Hilo area. See pick up tab for more details.
- Hilo Pier (8:20am)
- Dolphin Bay Hotel (8:30am)
- Hilo Bay Hostel (8:30am)
- Shipman House (8:30am)
- Hilo Naniloa Hotel (8:30am)
- Hilo Hawaiian Hotel by Castle Resorts (8:30am)
- Hilo Seaside Hotel (8:30am)
- Uncle Billy’s – Hilo Bay Hotel (8:30am)
- Hilo Backpackers Hostel (8:30am)
- Hawaii Forest & Trail Hilo Headquarters (8:35am)
- Hilo International Airport (8:45am)
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park HQ (9:35am)