- Big Island Hiking & Climbing
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Volcanoes National Park
Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau- home to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, historic farming plantations, ranches, famous black sand beaches and a private lava tube. Discover how the powerful forces of nature have shaped the people and landscape of this dynamic region, Hawaii’s largest land district. The perfect blend of nature and culture led by an expert Interpretive Guide, this tour reveals what it’s like to live on two active volcanoes.
- Discover the all the “must see” spots within the Park including the dramatically changed Halemaumau Crater
- Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach as you search for basking sea turtles at Punaluu.
- Immerse yourself in stories of Hawaiian legends and mythology with a focus on Pele,
- Hawaiian goddess of fire lightning, wind, & volcanoes
- Drive off-road to a private lava tube known for its bright yellow and gold microbial mats living on and accenting the cave walls.
- All access fees
- Daypacks, walking staffs, rain gear, and warm wear.
- Lunch: Including sandwich or salad (choice of turkey, ham, tuna, veggie, or mac nut chicken salad) chips, juice drinks, and a sweet treat.
- Available Days: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Tour Times: 8:35 AM
- Duration: 7 Hours
- Comfortable walking shoes, long pants, and a light jacket.
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 2 to 3 miles on uneven terrain.
- We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions.
- Other tour restrictions may apply.
- Rated: Easy. All ages
- Hilo Pier – 8:20 AM
- Dolphin Bay Hotel – 8:30 AM
- Hilo Bay Hostel – 8:30 AM
- Hilo Naniloa Hotel – 8:30 AM
- Hilo Hawaiian Hotel by Castle Resorts – 8:30 AM
- Hilo Seaside Hotel – 8:30 AM
- Hilo International Airport – 8:45 AM