- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
- KapohoKine Adventures
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Tour Time: 12:30 PM
- Duration: 7 hours
Explore Volcano National Park from Hilo
The original volcano lovers tour. Start with a drive through quaint Hilo town where you’ll drive along the historic waterfront before heading out to the old fishing village of Kalapana. Your National Park Service certified guide will discuss the volcanology, geology, and history of Kilauea volcano, as well as providing in-depth narration on the various lava flows and flora and fauna that you’ll be passing by. Kalapana was destroyed by lava, as was the adjacent beach, Kaimu.
Hike out across the lava flow to the new black sand beach. Stop by Star of the Sea Painted Church. Moved by the community twice to save it from advancing lava flows in 1990, this decommissioned church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Next travel to the crown jewel of Hawaii, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Visit the Kilauea Visitor’s Center, the Kilauea Iki Crater Overlook, and Steaming Bluffs. Stop in at the famous Volcano House for incredible views of Kilauea Caldera, and hike to the cracks and sinkholes in the paved roads left behind by the historic eruption of 2018. Dinner is included.
- Entrance fees included
- Round-trip transportation from Hilo airport
- Comfortable hiking clothes (shorts are ok), light jacket or sweater, sunglasses, and hat.
- Comfortable walking shoes required (sandals and flip-flops or “slippahs” will not be accepted).
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All children under 7 are required to be in a car seat.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
Location: Grand Nani Loa Hotel – KapohoKine Adventures Store
Address: 93 Banyan Dr, Hilo, HI 96720
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/VL27fqPS1g72
Check-In: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time at KapohoKine Adventures Store.
Important: For your security, at check-in, you are required to present the credit card that was used to pay for your booking and match valid photo identification. The name listed on your credit card must be identical to the contact name listed on your booking.
Can be located across from the hotel near the golf course. Once parked you will need to walk to the Main Lobby of the Grand Nani Loa Hotel and we are located on the right side of the Main Lobby.
- Pickup from Kona hotels is not offered on Hilo tours.
- Volcanic activity changes constantly and cannot be guaranteed.
- Order of itinerary may change.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Veggie Wrap & Fries: Guacamole, Cucumber, Bell Peppers, Lettuce, Tomato, onion, sprouts in an herb tortilla
- Chinese Chicken Salad: Tossed greens and fresh veggies with seasoned chicken and chow Mein noodles served with house dressing: Creamy Oriental
- Quarter Pounder Burger & Fries: Local Grass-fed quarter lb beef patty Served on a toasted sesame bun with lettuce, tomato & onion
- Loco Moco: Local Grass-fed beef patty Served on a bed of rice topped with an over easy egg smothered in brown gravy
- Kalua Pork Plate: Hawaiian Style Pulled Pork served with white rice and potato/mac salad
*Menu Options Include water, iced tea, or coffee