- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
Discover both the Big Island’s beauty and its volcanic fury! Departs from WAIKOLOA.
Tour the most geologically active environment on earth-the famous Kilauea volcano, which has been continuously erupting since 1983. View lava flows and black sand beaches. Experience all the awesome spectacle of Madame Pele’s lava and volcanic badlands, then explore the lush rainforests of the Hamakua Coast. The towering sea cliffs open into the dramatically deep and meandering valleys of the Kohala Mountains. Beautiful waterfalls cascade thousands of feet into the rainforest below and remnants of ancient Hawaiian settlements are still visible
This is the perfect finish to the ultimate Big Island adventure. This tour was voted #1 by The Travel Channel as the “World’s Best Helicopter Thrill.”
A Blue Hawaiian exclusive! Land at remote, isolated Punalulu Falls.
Make the Big Island Spectacular tour even more unforgettable. Our exclusive landing at beautiful 1200-ft. Punalulu Falls on the Kohala Coast gives you a one- of-a-kind photo and video opportunity during 20-25 minutes on the ground. Get up close and personal with the real Hawaii: unspoiled, untouched, magnificent.
Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions. Volcanic activity varies hourly.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 7:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 12:15 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx)
- Wear solid dark-colored clothing. Our helicopters are temperature controlled so dress comfortably but wear dark clothing. This will cause less reflection in the windows to allow a clear view of all the sights.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, taking a precautionary anti-motion sickness medication is a good idea. However, our flights are very smooth and turns are slow and gentle.
- Bring your camera or cell phone (on airplane mode) to take photos and video of your tour.
- Hats are not allowed to be worn around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats for you until you return from your tour.
- Do not go SCUBA diving within 24 hours prior to your tour. You may snorkel, swim, or go SNUBA diving but for safety-sake do not SCUBA dive within 24 hours before your tour. However, there is no risk in going scuba diving after your helicopter tour.
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing more than 260 pounds, an adjacent empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the regular tour price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- Front Row Seating Policy: Combined front row seat weight must be under 470 lbs for Eco-Star tours and individual passenger weights must be under 260 lbs. Should actual weights during check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and a refund will be made for the premium upgrade fee. Front row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. Lap children cannot be accommodated in the front row. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors.
- Our chair lifts are only able to access the rear row of seats therefore guests requiring a chair lift to board the helicopter cannot be accommodated in the front row.
Location: Waikoloa Heliport
Address: 68-690 Waikoloa Rd, Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5rwjiRuTRixfUi488
Free parking available at the Waikoloa Heliport.
Please check in 45 minutes prior to your tour.