- Big Island Helicopter Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Helicopter Tours
The “World’s Best Helicopter Thrill”
Discover the Big Island’s magnificent beauty and its volcanic fury on this all-in-one Big Island helicopter tour. Get an up-close look at the famous Kilauea volcano, which has been continuously erupting since 1983; the results of its historic 2018 eruption provide phenomenal views. From the black sand beaches, and Madame Pele’s amazing volcanic badlands, to the lush rainforests of the Hamakua Coast and the meandering valleys of the Kohala Mountains, you won’t miss a thing on this Big Island helicopter tour!
A Blue Hawaiian exclusive! Land at remote, isolated Laupahoehoe Nui.
Make your tour departing from Waikoloa even more unforgettable. Our exclusive landing at Laupahoehoe Nui on the Kohala Coast, with its majestic 1200-ft. waterfall, gives you a one-of-a-kind photo and video opportunity during 20-25 minutes on the ground. Get up close and personal with the real Hawaii: unspoiled, untouched, magnificent.
- Lava Flows
- Beautiful Beaches
- Tropical Rainforests
- Sea Cliffs
- Cascading Waterfalls
- Lush Valleys
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 8:00 AM, 10:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx)
- Wear solid dark-colored clothing. Our helicopters are temperature-controlled so dress comfortably but wear dark clothing. This will cause less reflection in the windows to allow a clear view of all the sights.
- If your tour includes a landing, we recommend closed-toed shoes such as athletic shoes. The ground at our remote landing sites can be uneven and sometimes a bit wet. At some landing sites there is a chance to walk around and get the best angle for your photos and videos so closed-toed shoes are best in these remote locations. Also, remember to bring a sweater in case it’s chilly.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, taking a precautionary anti-motion sickness medication is a good idea. However, our flights are very smooth and turns are slow and gentle.
- Bring your camera or cell phone (on airplane mode) to take photos and video of your tour.
- Hats are not allowed to be worn around the helicopters as they can fly up into the rotors and damage the aircraft. We will be happy to hold any hats for you until you return from your tour.
- Do not go SCUBA diving within 24 hours or SNUBA 12 hours prior to your tour. You may snorkel or swim prior to your tour and there is no risk in SCUBA or SNUBA after your helicopter tour.
- FAA regulations require us to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. We do this discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing more than 240 pounds, an adjacent empty seat purchase is required. The charge for an adjacent empty seat is 50% off of the regular tour price. This open seat ensures the comfort for you and all of our guests on your flight.
- Front Row Seating Policy: Combined front row seat weight must be under 470 lbs for Eco-Star tours and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs. Should actual weights during check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and a refund will be made for the premium upgrade fee. Front row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. At least one of the front seat occupants must be 15 years of age or older and capable of performing emergency aircraft egress procedures. Lap children cannot be accommodated in the front row. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors.
- Seating for parties of more than 6, or weighing a combined 1,000lbs, will be seated across multiple aircrafts.
- Our chair lifts are able to accommodate passengers up to 250 lbs. and are only able to access the rear row of seats therefore guests requiring a chair lift to board the helicopter cannot be accommodated in the front row.
- Late arrivals will be considered as a no-show.
Location: Waikoloa Heliport
Address: 68-690 Waikoloa Rd, Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5rwjiRuTRixfUi488
Parking: Free parking available at the Waikoloa Heliport.
Check-in: Please check-in 1 hour prior to your tour.
Traffic is unpredictable in the Islands. Please allow for ample travel time in case of traffic delays.