UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Closed Saturday and Sunday)
- Tour Times: 11:20 AM, 3:20 PM
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx)
Land at a secluded botanical preserve! The flight portion is the same as the Deluxe Waterfall Safari, approximately 60 minute tour covering over 100 miles of amazing Kauai scenery where scores of Hollywood directors have tried to capture its unmatched beauty with the addition of an approximate 40-minute stop over at the Kauai Wildlife Refuge overlooking Olokele Canyon!
- See the Na Pali, Waimea Canyon, Waialeale and experience a Preserve Landing!
- We fly the ASTAR B2 with special Pilot-In-Command seat location which prevents passengers from interfering with critical flight controls.
- You’re in a helicopter with large windows on both sides & front windows and glare may occur on the windows. This is regardless of which company you choose. We ask our Guests to wear dark solid clothing to help minimize the chances of glare. We recommend our passengers enjoy the tour and not stick their heads in a camera lens. We have professional photos available on a HD Flash Drive for Kauai.
- We recommend a wide-angle lens for your camera. We also recommend the camera be set on manual and not auto focus. Auto focus will guarantee capturing reflection. This will give you the best shots from an aerial viewpoint.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS: BAGS (this includes camera bags & purses), iPad or Tablets, Selfie sticks or handles, Binoculars and Hats.
- For safety, the FAA requires that a calculation of weight distribution be made before any and every flight. We need your participation for accuracy. Getting your accurate weight is for your safety. Giving us accurate weights when you place your reservation helps to prevent a rescheduled tour. Rescheduled tours can occur if actual weights are much higher than the weights given. This affects all other Guests scheduled at your tour time.
- Passengers over 250lbs will be charged an additional comfort seat. For bookings of two persons traveling together, that do not exceed 250lbs but combined weight exceeds 420lbs will also be charged an additional comfort seat.
- We do not publish times because we are an FAA Part 135 Unscheduled Air Carrier. You can choose a time for the morning or afternoon. Your tour time is arranged within a few days. We need to see how you can fit into our current reservations. The things we look at are: commutes from where you are staying, total weights of all potential passengers, and a trial weight & balance calculation.
- For Safari, flying with the doors off is a safety concern. We don’t like the possibility of cell phones or other debris escaping the cabin thereby damaging the tail rotor blades which can create a very serious safety concern. Flying with doors off can be very noisy and uncomfortable. Plus, when it rains (which it does daily) the passengers are guaranteed to be wet and cold. See “weather conditions” for more information. We also fly with Boise Noise Cancellation Headsets for additional noise comfort.
- There is no charge for a Lap Child. A Lap Child is a child that is under 24 months and less than 25 lbs. However, we don’t recommend flying with a Lap Child unless you are willing to accept the seating. A Lap Child will sit on a parents or guardians lap for around an hour. They will be wearing an Infant Life vest. The Seat belt will only go around the parent/guardian. Your Lap Child will not be buckled. This is a part of the definition of a Lap Child & how they should sit per the FAA. You need to be comfortable with this. We try to always have at least one parent with children. Children 7 & under cannot sit in the front seats.
- Hawaii’s weather is typical for any tropical island. We have rainy windward and dry leeward sides. A typical windward side gets about 80 to 100 inches of rain per year whereas the leeward gets about 20 inches or less. The center of the island of Kauai is considered one of the wettest spots on earth. There will be rain clouds sounding this mountain for about a 5-mile radius ad the center is located about 10 miles from any shoreline. Rain enhances the islands with additional waterfalls and rainbows. Remember, no rain, no rainbows! All our flights are subject to changing weather conditions and flights may vary accordingly.
- No scuba diving 24 hours prior to the flight.
Address: 3225 Akahi St. Lihue, Hawaii, 96766
Google Maps: https://g.page/safari-helicopters-lihue?share
In the front gravel area of our office which is 1 mile from the airport. Please park perpendicular to the road. You can also parallel park across the street on Akahi Street.
- Please check-in 45 minutes before your tour time.
- Please see the Transportation Tab for pick-up locations and allow 20 minutes window for your shuttle service to arrive.
Shuttle service is FREE. Please allow 20 minutes window for your shuttle service to arrive.
- Kauai Beach Resort
- Royal Sonesta
- Lihue Airport (LIH)
- Nawiliwilli Harbor (Kauai)