UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time: 8:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:40 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:15 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour
Experience Kauai’s Beauty with your family and friends!
Now with our Robinson R66, you can take your family and friends on a PRIVATE helicopter tour to see the infamous Manawaiopuna “Jurassic” Falls, deep colorful gorges of the Waimea Canyon, captivating cliffs of the Napali Coast, breathtaking Mount Waialeale Crater which is the site of Kauai’s last volcanic eruptions and one of the wettest places on planet Earth.
This private tour (just your party and the pilot) is for parties of 3 – 4 passengers with a flight time of 55-60 minutes. Choose doors on or off, no extra cost. See all the best of the Garden Isle on the unforgettable flight.
- An open-door experience is exciting and fun and we want you to enjoy your flight without being distracted by wind or chill. A warm outer layer that you can zip up, such as a windproof jacket, is ideal.
- If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, we do recommend that you prepare with oral motion‐sickness medication so you can enjoy your flight, free from worry. Please request an “Aloha Bag” from our pilot prior to takeoff or during the flight.
- The minimum age is 7 years old for doors-on tours and 12 years old for doors-off tours.
All passengers must check-in with a valid photo ID
- Weight Limitations
- 3-4 Seat Helicopter:
- Max weight per passenger of 275lbs
- Max total group weight cannot exceed 650lbs
- 3-4 Seat Helicopter:
- Weights will be taken at the time of check-in with all items going on the helicopter with you. Due to legal and safety reasons, if weight limits are exceeded at the time of check-in, we will not be able to accommodate the tour, and is non-refundable. NOTE: Seat assignments may be subject to weight and balance restrictions of the aircraft.
- Minimum 3, maximum 4 passengers (of the same family group only).
- We strongly advise against wind-susceptible clothing such as dresses and hooded items. In winter, long pants are highly recommended.
- To keep you and your belongings safe, we cannot permit any loose objects on your doors-off flight. This includes hats, visors, scarves, hair clips, and strapless sandals.
- Eyeglasses are permissible. Hair that is long enough should be tied tightly with an elastic band. Any equipment must be secured to you via a strap.
- Routes or flight times may vary due to weather conditions. Mauna Loa Helicopters reserves the right to cancel any tour due to unsafe weather. If cancellation due to weather occurs prior to the flight, any money collected will be refunded. If the flight has begun and must be canceled due to weather within 10 minutes of takeoff, the tour price will be refunded in full. If the flight has exceeded 10 minutes, the passengers will be refunded for the percentage of the flight that did not take place. The pilots do have all the way up until the flight time to make a weather decision. If canceled due to weather per the pilot, rescheduling opportunities are based upon availability.
- Customers who are sick inside the helicopter during the flight will be charged a $100 cleaning fee.
- Please note that all body parts must remain inside the helicopter for the duration of the tour. We do not allow “foot selfies” or similar on our tours for safety reasons.
- Passengers who miss their scheduled flight time due to a late check-in will be charged a fee of $100 if they are able to reschedule.
Location: Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours at The Harbor Mall*
Address: 3501 Rice St, Suite 1008, Lihue, HI 96766
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/fupHB6oig6DwLBNe9
Check-in: All passengers must check in with a valid photo ID no less than 35 minutes prior to their scheduled flight time.
*Do not report to the Airport for Check-in. You will check-in at our office (located at the Harbor Mall) then you will need to have your own means of transportation to the airport for the tour.
Parking is FREE.
Please arrive 35 minutes prior to your tour time.