- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
- KapohoKine Adventures
- Volcanoes National Park
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Closed Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM
- Duration: 11 hours
Explore the Big Island from Kohala
Travel south into Kona coffee country for the first stop at Bay View Farm, a working 24 acre coffee farm nestled on the slopes of Mauna Loa Volcano just above beautiful Kealakekua Bay and known for the best Kona coffee since 1984. Here you’ll see coffee growing on the trees and learn about the various steps and processes in making coffee, all of which happen right here on the farm. You’ll sample 100% Kona Coffee at a gorgeous overlook with stunning views of Kealakekua Bay and the monument to Captain Cook standing on the only sliver of British land in the United States.
The adventure continues as you head through the South Kona and Ka’u Districts. Stunning views, alternating between stark lava flows and Hawaiian dry forest, are visible through the huge picture windows of your tour vehicle. We stop briefly at picturesque Punalu’u Black Sand Beach. Lined with swaying coconut palm trees, this is one of the best black sand beaches on the island. Stroll along the beach and look for honu (Green Hawaiian Sea Turtles) feeding just offshore or sun-worshipping on the sand. Next travel to the crown jewel of Hawaii, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Visit the Kilauea Visitor’s Center, the Kilauea Iki Crater Overlook, and Steaming Bluffs. Take a walk through the famous Volcano House to view the smoking and steaming Kilauea Caldera. Dropping down into the lush eastern side of Kilauea Volcano our next stop is Big Island Candies. Founded in 1977, Big Island Candies is synonymous with quality. Big Island Candies welcomes everyone with samples of their amazing confections, still handmade using only the highest quality ingredients. Peek through the windows into the factory or browse the selection of gorgeous jewel-box gifts.
Travel through quaint Hilo town next where you’ll drive along the historic waterfront as you continue on to stunning Rainbow Falls. Next is Waipio Valley, known as the Valley of Kings, is a place of impossibly steep cliffs carved by plunging waterfalls cascading more than a thousand feet to the valley floor below. Waipio Valley is still home to taro farmers as it has been for a thousand years. Look closely from the overlook and glimpses of the wild horses that roam the valley floor might be possible. Deli Style picnic lunch and dinner included.
- Deli-style lunch
- Round-trip transportation from Kohala hotels.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- Entrance fees included.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
- Ham Sandwich: Ham, Lettuce, Sprouts, American Cheese, Mayonnaise on Whole Wheat Bread
- Turkey Sandwich: Turkey, Lettuce, Sprouts, American Cheese, Mayonnaise on Whole Wheat Bread
- Club Sandwich: Turkey, Ham, Lettuce, Sprouts, American Cheese, Mayonnaise on Whole Wheat Bread
- Chicken Sandwich: Chicken w/Mayo, Lettuce, Sprouts, American Cheese, Mayonnaise on Whole Wheat Bread
- Ham Salad: Ham, Lettuce, Tomato, Carrots & Shredded Cheese with Ranch Dressing
- Turkey Salad: Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato, Carrots & Shredded Cheese with Ranch Dressing
- Club Salad: Turkey, Ham, Lettuce, Tomato, Carrots & Shredded Cheese with Ranch Dressing
- Chicken Salad: Chicken w/Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Carrots & Shredded Cheese with Ranch Dressing
- Tuna Salad: Tuna w/Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Carrots & Shredded Cheese with Ranch Dressing
- Veggie Salad
- Chicken Sandwich
- Veggie Burger