Join us for a canopy experience like no other. Perched amongst the trees of Halawa Gulch, Kohala Zipline’s Kohala Canopy Adventure features elevated suspension bridges, soaring tree platforms and thrilling ziplines. From the moment you enter the aerial trekking course, you’ll be enthralled by the magic of Kohala. Whether you are a real zipline enthusiast or a first time adventure seeker, you’ll find that Kohala Zipline provides a canopy experience that is unparalleled on the Big Island.
9 lines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel make this the only full canopy tour on Hawaii Island. Set within a towering forest on a private nature reserve, this aerial adventure is perfect for beginners and experts alike. Certified guides ensure safety and comfort and share their extensive knowledge of the area’s natural and cultural history.
- Zip, trek & rappel through a sustainably built aerial trekking course
- Experience the thrill of flying from tree to tree and reaching speeds up to 45 MPH while taking in the beauty of the forest canopy
- Tree to Tree zipping means no walking up and down stairs in between zips
- Enjoy majestic views of the Kohala Coast, the Island of Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture systems from centuries ago
- Take a fun off-road drive in one of our 6 wheel drive Pinzgauers to the top of our course.
- Enjoy a complimentary treat of local macadamia nuts, trail bars, and fruit snacks
- We comply with the highest level of safety standards set by the industry’s internationally recognized governing body; The Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
- Capture the fun with a GoPro camera rental or have your guide take photos for you with our photo system designed specifically for ziplines
- 9-Line Zipline Canopy Tour
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour
- Rated Easy to Moderate
- Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish
- Rain wear, water, snack, all safety gear included
Requirements & Restrictions:
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on tour
- Weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in. Anyone who does not weigh between 70 and 270 Lbs will not be allowed to zip and will not be refunded.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs.
- This tour is not for expectant mothers or persons who have undergone recent surgery or injuries
- Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes.
- Pants, capris, or knee length shorts are recommended.
Please check in 30 minutes prior to tour time.