UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 7:30 AM, 8:30 AM
- Duration: 6-7 Hours* (approx.)
*Travel time round-trip is approx. 3.5 hours from Waikoloa resorts and 4 hours from HFT, Kona.
Immerse yourself in stunning private Kohala waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines, and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure. Experience an off-road drive to an exclusive trailhead.
- Ramble off-road in a 4-wheel-drive vehicle.
- Take a relaxed, guided walk through a private nature reserve
- Cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls
- Enjoy a private picnic lunch with views of soaring sea cliffs and remote valleys, at one of the island’s best scenic lookouts.
- Deli-style lunch with assorted beverages.
- Sunscreen and bug spray are also available upon request.
- Gear – Walking sticks and rain jackets.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle (we provide refills!)
- Comfortable walking shoes or reef walkers
- Wear a bathing suit underneath your clothes
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, and bring a light jacket or sweatshirt
- Maximum of 10 participants.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Expect to cover approximately 1 mile in 1 – 2 hours. Expect to do minimal climbing. The estimated elevation gain over the course of the hike is about 200’.
Location: Round-trip transportation is included. Please see the Transportation tab for pick-up locations and schedule.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Rated: Easy. For all ages.
- Water temperature varies and ranges between 60 and 70 degrees F, very cool and refreshing.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. Please be on time as these pick-ups determine when we start our tours. Mahalo
Pick-up Location for 7:30 Tour:
- 7:30 AM – Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters
- 7:50 AM – Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (Front Entrance)
- 8:10 AM – Queens’ Market Place (Look For Charlie’s Thai Cuisine, and we’ll be at the curb!)
- 8:20 AM – Shops at Mauna Lani (in front of the Foodland Store)
- 8:55 AM – Kohala Zipline Headquarters
- 9:55 AM – KW Landing Zone (in front of the Foodland Store)
Pick-up Location for 8:30 Tour:
- 8:30 AM – Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters
- 8:50 AM – Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (Front Entrance)
- 9:10 AM – Queens’ Market Place (Look For Charlie’s Thai Cuisine, and we’ll be at the curb!)
- 9:20 AM – Shops at Mauna Lani (in front of the Foodland Store)
- 9:55 AM – Kohala Zipline Headquarters
- 10:55 AM – KW Landing Zone (in front of the Foodland Store)