UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 7:00 AM
- Duration: 9 Hours
Discover Oahu’s scenic natural beauty and Hawaiian lifestyle on this educational and fun all-day tour of the island’s most prized attractions. Sample island flavors and learn about Hawaii’s unique cultural traditions on this 9-hour deluxe bus Royal Star tour.
Beat the crowds with an early morning departure as you travel from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay and the Halona Blowhole on the southeastern shores. Journey to the dramatic Nuuanu Pali Lookout, and Byodo-In Temple on the windward side. Then, head to the North Shore Beaches, and the quaint surfing town of Haleiwa and Dole Plantation — you’ll experience those hard-to-reach places that Hawaiian locals enjoy.
- Diamond Head* – Oahu’s world-famous recognizable landmark. Get a bird’s eye view of surfing at the Diamond Head Lookout!
- Kahala Gold Coast* – Palatial estates of Oahu are nestled along this famous coast.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve (10 minutes) – Formed within a volcanic cone, this beautiful bay is now a pristine marine sanctuary to hundreds of tropical reef fish species. Closed on Tuesdays.
- Halona Blowhole (10 minutes) – This natural wonder was formed thousands of years ago by molten lava running into the sea and is capable of spouting ocean spray 30 feet into the air.
- Nuuanu Pali Lookout (10 minutes) – One of Oahu’s most spectacular scenic views of the Koolau Mountains and the windward coast; also the site of Hawaii’s historic battle of Nuuanu.
- Byodo-In Temple (20 minutes) – Nestled in the lush Valley of the Temples Memorial Park, this stunning Japanese temple is surrounded by Koi fish ponds and beautiful tropical landscapes. Ring the bon-sho (sacred bell) for happiness and longevity!
- Tropical Farms (15 minutes) – A farm outlet featuring Hawaii’s popular coffees and macadamia nuts. Sample the flavors of Hawaii.
- North Shore Beaches* – View famous North Shore beaches, home to world-class surfing competitions. Get your camera ready!
- Surfing Town of Haleiwa (two choices):
- A) 90 minutes in Haleiwa town for lunch and shopping
- B) 20 minutes at Waialua Coffee/Soap Factory and 40 minutes in Haleiwa town
- Dole Plantation (30 minutes) – James Dole’s original plantation is dedicated to sharing Hawaii’s fascinating pineapple story. Tour the varieties of pineapples, shop, or try the famous DoleWhip.
- Downtown Honolulu* – Oahu’s historic center for government and business. See neighboring Chinatown and the Aloha Tower at Honolulu Harbor.
- Deluxe Bus with free onboard restroom, panoramic windows, reclining seats, onboard original historical video, mint and towelette service
- All spots featured in “Tour Highlights”
- Poi Malasada breakfast from Oahu’s famous Kamehameha Bakery and bottled Hawaiian water
- Royal Star Driver Guide to provide expert live narration and assist you at each stop
- All parking and admission fees
- Please dress casually and wear comfortable shoes for light walking.
- We also recommend you bring sunglasses and a camera.
Pick-up offered in the Waikiki area. Please see the Transportation tab for pick-up locations and schedule.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- We offer a smoke-free environment onboard and ask that all food and beverages be consumed before boarding the vehicle.
- Depending on traffic and circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to alter the route, schedule, and tour features. Return times are an estimate only.
- Closed on New Year’s Day (1/1), Thanksgiving Day (11/28/19), Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (12/7), Honolulu Marathon (12/8/19), and Christmas Day (12/25)
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
At your pickup location, look for our “gold vehicle”.
Pick Up Schedule:
- Ala Moana (Mahukona Street) – 6:40 AM
- Prince Waikiki (Main Entrance) – 6:45 AM
- Hilton Hawaiian Village (Grand Islander Bus Depot (in house guests only)) – 6:50 AM
- Hale Koa (Kalia road, Trolley Stop) – 6:55 AM
- Ambassador (Namahana Street) – 7:00 AM
- Hokulani Waikiki (Lewers Street) – 7:05 AM
- Seaside Avenue (Ross Dress for Less) – 7:10 AM
- Hyatt Regency (Koa Avenue – under green awning) – 7:15 AM
- Waikiki Beach Marriott (Paoakalani Avenue Bus Loading Zone) – 7:20 AM