- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Private Tours
- Volcanoes National Park
UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Friday, and Saturday
- Tour Time: 8:00 AM
- Duration: 8 Hours
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is the crown jewel of the Big Island. If your goal is primarily to experience it while on the island, try our Volcano Express Tour. This tour takes you straight to the volcano with minimal stops along the way, and maximizes your time in the park while minimizing time on the road.
This day time tour takes the north route. Our first stop is Rainbow Falls-an 80-foot falls that cascades over a natural lava cave into the Wailuku river below. Next, we’ll spend most of our time in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park exploring active steam vents, taking a stroll through Thurston Lava Tube and experiencing the awe of Kilauea caldera, one of the world’s most active volcanoes. Lastly, we visit Big Island Candies, a Hilo fixture since 1977, and a must-stop for sweet treats.
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Mercedes 15 passenger mini-coach. This tour has a maximum of 13 passengers to provide plenty of headroom in the cabin and comes with state-of-the-art audio and visual public address package.
- Deli Style Lunch
- Snack Basket
- Bottled water, bottled juice, soda, and hot beverage.
- Umbrellas, rain, and parka jackets in the event of rain*
*Weather can change dramatically from hot and humid to cool and wet conditions.
- We recommend bringing a backpack, sunscreen, and a camera.
- What to Wear: Comfortable and light clothing is recommended, such as comfortable footwear, a hat and sunglasses, and shorts or long pants. Although Hawaii is home to the endless summer, there are places and times where the temperature can drop substantially. We recommend you pack a light sweater.
- This tour is for guests 5 years and older. It does not include lengthy hikes.
- This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- A combined minimum of 4 guests is required for a tour to operate. Should a tour not meet the tour minimum, advance notice will be provided.
- Passengers traveling with a wheelchair or walker are more than welcome to join our tour. Please note, our vans are equipped to handle easy storage of a wheelchair or other medical equipment. But we do not have a wheelchair lift.
- Tour description and itinerary is subject to change. Due to the topographical and weather changes that have recently affected the tour area, some attractions and sites may be unreachable or unsafe to visit. Park officials have recently reopened Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with several restrictions as they continue to make repairs. Park officials have been known to restrict entry without notice. We will not issue refunds caused by park restrictions.
Location: Queens’ Marketplace
Address: 69-201 Waikōloa Beach Dr., Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/gnN84ZZFKocLyLiJ6
Pick-Up Instructions: We’ll pick you up at 7:45 AM from Queens’ Marketplace – Charley’s Thai Cuisine. Please meet in the Back Parking Lot at the Shuttle Pickup waiting area by Charley’s Thai Cuisine.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- Lunch is included in the tour, but Kailani Tours recommends having a hearty breakfast prior to departure. Snacks and drinks are available multiple times throughout the tour.
Grab-and-Go Express Lunch:
- Hot and cold drink service, gourmet snack basket, and a grab-and-go turkey wrap with chips, and a cookie served at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
*Seasonal menu is subject to change.
*Vegan and vegetarian options available.
- 7:45 AM-8:00 AM – Waikoloa Pickup at Queens Marketplace – Starbucks
- 9:15 AM-9:30 AM – Rainbow Falls
- 10:15 AM-12:45 PM – Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park – Caldera lookouts, Visitor Center and Steam Vents
- 1:30 PM-1:50 PM – Big Island Candies
- 3:45 PM (Approx.) – Waikoloa Return
Timing, Locations and Menu Subject to Change