This is the ultimate Paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboy) experience you will never forget!
The Sunset Dinner Horseback ride is a two and a half hour guided horseback experience on our Hawaii ranch which includes a safety briefing and mount, ride, and dinner by the campfire. This ride goes out in the cooler portion of the day and riders experience the beautiful Hawaiian sunset skies while on horseback. Visit our highlight scenic lookout spot and enjoy the view (and snap a few photos, too!), and then eat dinner around a campfire. This is a walking-only ride and no trotting or cantering will be allowed. This is a great, family-friendly horseback ride and is suitable for all skill levels ages 7 and up. No pregnant riders will be allowed. Our weight limit for any rider is 240 lbs.
This ride winds through mountain trails with occasional ocean views. The highlight spot is our scenic lookout which provides a great view of the Windward side of Oahu. We work to keep our ride sizes small because we want our guest to feel like they have experienced a true Hawaiian cowboy (Paniolo) horseback ride on Hawaii. Guests are likely to see wild pigs, cattle, and other horses roaming through our mountain trails.
Dinner will be warm and waiting for you at the campfire when the weather allows. If the weather isn’t cooperating to let you enjoy dinner at the lookout, we bring you back in and let you eat under the shelter of our covered pavilion.
Dinner consists of locally catered steak and shrimp, local fruit, rice, s’mores, water, and a Hawaiian Sun fruit drink. You’re welcome to cook marshmallows over the campfire and enjoy the evening in a more relaxed setting for approximately 45 minutes. After dinner, your Wrangler helps get you mounted back on your horse and guides you back home. Enjoy riding back under the light of dusk on this fantastic Oahu trail ride.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: Seasonal 3:00 PM, 3:30 PM, 4:00 PM, or 4:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- We recommend that you wear long pants.
- Covered Shoes. Cowboy boots are not required.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 riders
- No pregnant riders
- Riders must be over 7 years old (12 years old for advanced riders)
- Riders must weigh less than 240 lbs (less than 220 lbs for advanced riders)
- Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
Location: Please meet us at our ranch on the North Shore of Oahu.
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
Please arrive promptly 45 minutes before your ride’s start time to check in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.