UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Wednesday and Sunday)
- Tour Time: Seasonal 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, or 5:00 PM*
- Duration: 2 Hours
*Ride time is seasonal and may vary by 30 min. Please check when booking.
Have a Magical Evening Together
This is the ultimate paniolo experience, and we’re confident you’ll have a special and unforgettable evening. You set off on your horseback ride in the cooler portion of the day and travel under sunset skies on your way to our signature mountain lookout point. Your guide will share stories about the ranch and the surrounding areas along the way and point out some of the sights, including peacefully grazing cattle, ocean views, and maybe even wild pigs!
Once at the lookout, you’ll enjoy a fresh, locally catered meal, kept warm for you by the campfire. Enjoy the spectacular panoramic view as you dine in a quiet, private setting. If you’d like, you can even roast some marshmallows and chat around the fire before heading back down. When it’s time to saddle up again, you’ll be riding home in the light of dusk. It’s a special way to experience Oahu’s North Shore and the perfect addition to your Hawaiian adventure.
- We recommend that you wear long pants and covered shoes. Cowboy boots are not required.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 riders
- No pregnant riders
- Riders must be over 7 years old (12 years old for advanced riders)
- Riders must weigh less than 240 lbs (less than 220 lbs for advanced riders)
- Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
- Walking only ride—no trotting or cantering
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.