If you are looking for some “giddy-up!” on your ride, our Private Advanced Trail Ride combines the beauty of the Hawaiian country in Oahu with the adventure of skilled riding. Perfect for those who have ridden a minimum of 5 rides through the advanced rider.
The Private Advanced Horseback experience at Gunstock Ranch is a 90-minute guided experience that provides the opportunity for controlled trotting and cantering within the ride. This experience is for those who have ridden a minimum of five times to those who are experienced riders. Wranglers do a safety briefing and assessment with each rider. Wranglers assess riding skills and base the pace of the ride on the “least skilled ability” of the riders in the group. Wranglers are responsible for keeping the ride safe and all riders on their horses, so they make the judgment call on how fast the ride moves out. This ride does not guarantee that riders will get out to trot or canter as it is based on wrangler assessment of riders’ ability to stay safe in the saddle. In the event a ride isn’t safe at a trot or a canter, you’re still taken out on an awesome private riding experience at a safe pace.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (Closed Saturday and Sunday)
- Tour Time: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Long Pants
- Covered Shoes. Cowboy boots are not required.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water. Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book (additional fee of $25 to book single (1) guest – select during checkout)
- No pregnant riders
- Riders must be over 12 years old
- Riders must weigh less 220 lbs
- Must be an experienced rider!
- Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
Location: Please meet us at our ranch on the North Shore of Oahu.
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
Please arrive promptly 45 minutes before your ride’s start time to check in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.