UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- June-August: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Closed Monday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- September-Onward: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Closed Saturday and Sunday)
- Tour Time: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Experience a little “giddy up”
Everyone always wants to jump on and ride fast when they’re with horses, and that’s exactly what our advanced ride is for. Experienced riders can kick up the energy a little and have a horseback adventure in a truly spectacular natural setting—Oahu’s North Shore. Guided by one of our wranglers, you’ll strike out onto technical trails and across open pastures, passing grazing cows who just might sneak a peek to see your skills!
This ride involves trotting and cantering, and it’s important that all participants have previous riding experience. Wranglers will assess riding skills and will base the pace of the ride on the skill level of the least experienced rider in the group. Our wranglers are well-trained and ready for anything, so as long as you have the horse skills needed, you’ll have a fun and safe experience.
- Long Pants
- Covered Shoes. Cowboy boots are not required.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water. Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour (Single riders are able to book with a $50 surcharge. Not available during select blackout dates.)
- No pregnant riders
- Riders must be over 12 years old
- Riders must weigh less than 220 lbs
- Must be an experienced rider! (minimum of 5+ rides)
- Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
- All participants must complete waivers prior to participation.
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.
- Please note: this tour is not available during select blackout dates.