UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:30 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Climb into the saddle and see a new side of Hawaii
Enjoy a relaxing horseback ride through one of Oahu’s hidden treasures—the Hawaiian countryside of Gunstock Ranch. You and your horse will travel through shady forest trails and trek across open pastures, spotting grazing cattle, soaring island birds, and maybe even a
family of wild pigs. The grand finale of the tour is the lookout over the stunning North Shore coastline and the quiet town of Laie, nestled on the edge of the crystal-clear ocean. It’s a great spot for photos and a moment of relaxation in one of the most beautiful places around. Plus, the whole ride will be intimate, with small group sizes, so you can experience an authentic paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy) adventure.
- We recommend that you wear long pants.
- Covered Shoes. Cowboy boots are not required.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour (Single riders are able to book with a $50 surcharge. Not available during select blackout dates.)
- No pregnant riders
- Riders must be over 7 years old (12 years old for advanced riders)
- Riders must weigh less than 240 lbs (less than 220 lbs for advanced riders)
- Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
- All participants must complete waivers prior to participation.
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.