- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
- Volcanoes National Park
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Wednesday and Friday
- Tour Time: 8:15 AM
- Duration: 11 hours 15 minutes
A volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents and miles of lava beds! You’ll enjoy live narration by your expert driver guide. The recently updated itinerary includes a visit to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a breakfast buffet (on your own) at the historic Volcano House Restaurant; offering local and traditional cuisine and a visit to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory. Experience two epic waterfalls; Rainbow Falls where rainbows magically form in the mist and Akaka Falls, a 442 foot waterfall surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation.
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* – breakfast buffet (on own)
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook* – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook* – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail* – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory*
- Akaka Falls* – epic 442 foot waterfall surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation
- Rainbow Falls* – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
*Denotes Tour Stops. Viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- We cannot predict the weather or lava viewing conditions. This volcano tour features change daily. We do not guarantee the sighting of active lava flows. Surface lava may be present but may not be viewable due to environmental conditions or time constraints.