- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Big Island Volcano Tours
- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
- Volcanoes National Park
Discover the source of Hawai’i Island’s creation at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park! Explore cascading waterfalls, craters, and the tsunami-stricken city of Hilo on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour. Bear witness to the 2018 eruption that drastically altered the island’s landscape. Peer into the depths of Halemaumau Crater which has remarkably doubled in size and watch steam clouds form as ground water seeps onto hot volcanic rock at the famous Steam Vents.
Enjoy an included lunch. Marvel at not one by two spectacular waterfalls – Rainbow and Akaka Falls. Gaze at sweeping coastal views at Kealakomo Overlook where older lava flows melted into the ocean. Drive down scenic Chain of Craters Road.
Please Note: Guests will get up close to the Kilauea summit eruption happening right now within Halema’uma’u crater. *
Geologists surveying the eruption in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park report the height of the lava fountains is consistently about 33-50 feet high and 30+ feet of lava has been added to the crater floor since June 7th, 2023.
*Accessibility to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Kilauea may change without notice due to safety concerns.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Rainbow Falls – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Akaka Falls – Set in a rainforest filled with bamboo groves, orchids and hanging ferns Akaka Falls is a must see.
- Hilo Town – Including Banyan Drive, Richardson’s Black Sand Beach & Liliuokalani Gardens
- Round-Trip Transportation in Comfortable Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Live Narration From Expert Driver Guide
- Admission to Volcanoes National Park
- To-Go Lunch
- Admissions to all Parks
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Tour Time: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 10 Hours 30 Minutes
- Please wear comfortable attire and sturdy, closed-toe shoes as this tour traverses sharp, uneven lava surfaces.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Fumes (volcanic gasses) are hazardous to everyone’s health.
- We discourage visitors with heart or breathing problems and infants, young children, and pregnant women are especially at risk and should avoid being in areas where fumes persist.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- We cannot predict the weather or lava viewing conditions. This volcano tour features change daily. We do not guarantee the sighting of active lava flows. Surface lava may be present but may not be viewable due to environmental conditions or time constraints.
- Please Note: Guests will get up close to the Kilauea summit eruption happening right now within Halema’uma’u crater. Accessibility to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Kilauea may change without notice due to safety concerns.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
Pick up Schedule:
- 7:30 AM – Grand Naniloa Resort, DoubleTree by Hilton (Roadside Bus Terminal)
- 7:30 AM – Hilo Hawaiian Hotel by Castle Resorts (by the Babe Ruth banyan tree)
- 7:30 AM – SCP Hilo Hotel, by Road-side
- 7:30 AM – Hilo Airport (Baggage Claim area)