Explore the unreachable beauty that is Kauai. You will see the Na Pali Coast, Waimea Caynon, Wailua Falls, Mount Waialeale while learning about the legends and history of the island that our pilots call home.
Details of what you will see on this tour:
Tour Waimea Canyon, dubbed by Mark Twain as the ” Grand Canyon of the South Pacific.” Although Mark Twain never visited the island, he must have seen enough of it to judge the unparalleled grandeur of this famous Kauai landmark. It is truly a spectacular sight.
Mount Waialeale is known as the wettest spot on earth with an average annual rainfall of about forty feet. Most of the mountain rain drains into the nearby Alakai Swamp, home to several rare species of plants and birds. Wailua Falls is also known as Fantasy Island Waterfalls for their cameo appearance weekly in the TV series of the same name.
The legendary Na Pali Coast, with its dramatic cliffs chiseled by time to a razor sharp beckoning, is spellbinding no matter how many times you see it. This is the home of the legendary Bali Hai as seen in the 20th Century Fox movie, South Pacific and yes, it is calling you.
- Cameras are permitted on board and recommended.
- Clothing should be comfortable and casual. Dark shirts or tops are recommended for photo taking.
- Open Seating: Up to six-passengers, seat assignment determined by weight and balance.
- First Class Seating: Passengers enjoy “First Class” seating next to pilot, with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight for two passengers on FX STAR First Class is 400 lbs., and Whisper STAR First Class is 490 lbs.
Weight and Size Limitation, Safety Rules, Conditions and Recommendation:
- Weight & Size Guidelines: Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of passenger weight, pilot weight and length of flight (fuel weight). It is important that we have accurate body weight from every passenger. FAA regulations require all passengers and their carry-on items to be weighed at time of check-in. If a standard airline seat belt is too small or you weigh over 240 pounds you may be required to purchase a comfort seat on our FX STAR. If you are between 240-290 lbs. we recommend open seating on the WhisperSTAR. Over 290 lbs. may require a comfort seat in our WhisperSTAR. Call our reservations for more information. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Assisted Passengers: A portable lifting devise is available for those customers needing special assistance. Please advise of any special requests a minimum 24 hours in advance.
- Scuba Diving: No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour departure time.
- Children: A child 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult’s lap. Please provide child’s weight at time of booking. Children 2 yrs. and older must occupy a seat with seat belt on and are charged full fare.
- Check-in: Check-in is minimum 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time. For your safety and comfort, hats and oversized bags are not permitted on the flight line or in the helicopter. Please leave these items in your automobile. Bring picture I.D.
- Reservations/Cancellations: When you make your on-line reservations you will receive an order ID confirming your payment. Sunshine Helicopters reservations staff will return an E-mail response outlining your exact flight time, check-in time, location and other pertinent information to confirm your reservation. On-line prices are guaranteed with a 72-hour advance notification required for cancellation. You MUST obtain a cancellation number in order to avoid a no-show charge.
- All Flights Include: Ground safety briefing, complimentary coffee or tea, pilot personal narration and choreographed music recorded on the live digital video, David Clark stereo aviator headsets with individual volume control, custom built digital recording system, polarized bubble windows, air-conditioned climate control, custom interiors and much more!
- Routes & Flight Time: Sunshine does not fly any specific routes but has many sights within the area of a described tour that we intend to visit during a tour. Sights may vary due to weather. Flight times are estimates and may vary a few minutes.
- Actual Flight Video: A high-definition video of your actual flight narrated and orchestrated by your pilot is available on USB for purchase.
- Photography: Bring camera and wear a dark colored shirt to reduce glare on the plexiglass windows.
- Languages: Tours can be given in JAPANESE. Subject to availability. Please request a minimum 24 hours in advance.