UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday (Closed Thursday & Sunday)
- Tour Times: Morning & Afternoon
- Duration: 75-80 Minutes (approx.)
ONLY ISLAND HELICOPTERS CAN OFFER THIS ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!
For the first time ever, visitors can now land at Manawaiopuna Falls and feel the awesome power of the waterfall made famous in Steven Spielberg’s blockbuster movie, Jurassic Park. This elite tour is 75-80 minutes. It includes our signature tour, the Grand Deluxe Circle Island tour (50-55 minutes) PLUS a landing deep within the interior of Kauai, inaccessible to the public.
After setting down near the base of the 400-foot falls, your pilot will guide you along a jungle path adjacent to a stream to the bottom of the spectacular falls. Feel the tropical mist, take pictures and learn the fascinating history of this remote area including native plants, geologic formations and agricultural history.
- Attire: Passengers should wear a dark colored shirt. Light colored clothing may reflect off the helicopter windows and may appear in your photos, so black or dark shirts are preferred.
- Our helicopter cabin is air-conditioned and you are able to control your own A/C vent to make your seat cooler or warmer as needed. If you tend to get cold, consider bringing a light sweater or jacket.
- Passengers taking the waterfall tour should wear closed-toe shoes.
- Weight & Size Guidelines: Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of passenger weight, pilot weight, and length of flight (fuel weight). It is imperative that your weights are as accurate as possible. In the event that a passenger’s actual weight is substantially different than the weight given to us during the reservation process, there could be a possibility that the passenger may not be able to fly; yet you will still be responsible for the full seat price. FAA regulations require all passengers and their carry-on items to be weighed at the time of check-in. Any passenger over 250 lbs. may be required to purchase an additional seat. For parties of two traveling together, that do not exceed 250 lbs. individually, but have combined weights exceeding 420 lbs., may be required to purchase an additional seat. Seating is subject to FAA approved weight and balance.
- Hazardous Materials and Items Not Permitted: By checking this box you agree to accept all responsibility for your entire party’s compliance with federal laws governing air transit, including the laws forbidding the transport of hazardous material aboard the aircraft. Hazardous Materials include but are not limited to explosives, compressed gasses, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives, and radioactive materials. Please review the FAA’s ‘pack safe’ guidelines on hazardous materials, before you accept. We do not allow tablets, tripods, or large cameras with extended lens to be used during the flight.
- If you are traveling with an infant/toddler, please inform us of their weight and age (that they will be of the tour date) at the time of booking.
Location: Island Helicopters
Address: 3788 Ahukini Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/cbJLbvfJ4FU2
Directions to Island Helicopters:
- Drive to the Lihue Airport.
- At the three flag poles keep to your left.
- Go through first stop sign.
- At 2nd stop sign, turn LEFT on Ahukini Rd.
- Island Helicopters is the green building with tan trim just right of the first helipad.
- Turn left into our parking area. Customer parking is to the side of the building, Handicap only is in the back.
Please arrive 45 minutes before your scheduled tour time for check-in.