- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Hiking & Climbing
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Hiking & Climbing
- Island Tours
- Island Tours in Big Island
- Volcanoes National Park
Join us on an epic day of discovery as we wander off-the-beaten path and visit our island’s most awe inspiring sites. This full day journey covers all your Big Island “must do” experiences and more. This unforgettable Epic Island Volcano Journey, led by an expert Interpretive Guide, is an amazing blend of history and culture, set in the splendor of Hawaii’s nature that will change the way you see the island of Hawaii. We also offer private exclusive tours for groups of 12 or more, please call us for more information.
- Over $30 per person in entry fees
- Savory island breakfast
- Afternoon snack
- Souvenir Kona coffee mug
- Use of daypacks, walking staffs, rain gear, and warm wear.
- Explore an active volcano and all the must see sights of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Search for sea turtles as you stroll the fine crystal black sands of Punaluu.
- Delve into a private cave system and learn how lava tubes are formed.
- Enjoy a private Kona Coffee Farm and mill tour.
- Explore a 1,000 acre Tropical fruit farm and see Rainbow Falls from a private viewing deck.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Tour Times: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 11 Hours 30 Minutes
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- Wear or bring long pants
- Bring a light jacket.
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 0.5 to 1 mile on uneven terrain.
- Tour is rated Easy to Moderate.
- Tour is for ages 8 years and older.
- Minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 12 participants.
- Except for the lava tube exploration, trails are relatively level. While exploring the lava tube, expect to descend and ascend approximately 30 feet.
- Due to the dynamic nature of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Kilauea Volcano, active lava viewing conditions change daily or even hourly. Currently there is no active lava in the park.
- Egg burrito
- Fresh island fruit
- Banana bread
- 100% pure Kona coffee, teas, hot chocolate, and juices
- Vegan burrito option available
- Sandwich choice of turkey, ham, tuna or veggie
- Sodas and juice drinks
- Chocolate Brownies & beverages
- Gluten free options available
Pick-up Location and Time:
- Westin Hapuna Beach Resort (formerly Hapuna Prince) – 6:15 AM
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel – 6:15 AM
- Shops at Mauna Lani – 6:25 AM
- Fairmont Orchid – 6:25 AM
- Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows – 6:25 AM
- Hilton Wailkoloa Village – 6:35 AM
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa – 6:40 AM
- Queens’ Market Place – 6:45 AM
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai – 7:05 AM
- Kukio Golf & Beach Club – 7:10 AM
- Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters – 7:30 AM
- King Kamehameha Courtyard Marriott – 7:45 AM
- Royal Kona Resort – 7:50 AM
- WorldMark, The Club – Kona – 7:55 AM
- Kona Hawaiian Resort – 7:55 AM
- Kona by the Sea – 8:00 AM
- Royal Sea Cliff – 8:00 AM
- Kona Bali Kai – 8:05 AM
- Kona Coast Resort – 8:10 AM
- Holua Resort at the Mauna Loa Village – 8:15 AM
- Mauna Loa Village – 8:15 AM
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa – 8:15 AM