UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 2:00 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
An Unforgettable Eco-Adventure
Enjoy a guided tour of the best Gunstock Ranch has to offer: the Hidden Cave, WWII historical sites, stunning vistas, and our newly planted, entirely native Legacy Forest. This private tour gives you the chance to see Hawaii’s unique beauty up close and then help preserve it by planting a native tree, part of a massive reforestation effort right here on the North Shore.
The Legacy Forest, part of our partnership with Hawaii Legacy Reforestation Initiative, is an important way to improve the health of Oahu and, on a small scale, the health of the whole planet. The tree you plant will offset carbon pollution throughout its life. We look forward to you taking part in this exciting project.
An upgrade is also available for a dedicated, fully trackable tree. After planting your tree in a special ceremony, you can monitor its progress through our proprietary GPS technology. You’ll be able to virtually witness your tree becoming part of a robust and healthy forest and then return anytime to see in person how much it’s grown.
- We recommend that you wear long pants, sunglasses, and covered shoes for this ride.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour (Single riders are able to book with a $25 surcharge)
- Ages 5 and up
- No pregnant riders
- Parents and Guardians must sign a waiver for children 17 years old and younger.
- Gunstock Ranch is an alcohol-free establishment. No intoxicated riders will be allowed on a ride. If a rider shows up intoxicated they will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- Smoking is not allowed at our check-in area or on the ride.
- Backpacks and large jackets are not allowed on the rides.
- Helmets are considered personal protective equipment. It is highly recommended that all persons wear a helmet, ATSM/SEI approved. Adults 18 years and older may opt to sign out of wearing a helmet.
- Riders 17 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet.
- A liability waiver must be thoroughly read and signed.
- Check-in time is 30 min. before scheduled ride time. Please allow ample time to reach us.
- We plan to ride rain or shine. In the event, we cancel a ride due to conditions we feel are unsafe for our trails, no charges will be applied and a full refund will be issued. If a party calls in to cancel their ride because they don’t want to ride in the rain, and we plan to carry out the ride, no refund will be given.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we feel would put our horses, other riders, or themselves in danger.
- Please remember that gratuities are not included in your ride price.
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.
- Please note that this is a guide-driven tour, guests will not be permitted to drive the vehicle.