UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: 11:30 AM
- Duration: 2 Hours
An Unforgettable Eco-Adventure
It’s a beautiful experience to plant a tree, and it’s even more special when you can immerse yourself in the land where the new tree will grow. After you plant a Monarch Milo tree in the Legacy Forest, you’ll buckle up in a rugged off-road vehicle and cruise down jungle paths and mountain trails, seeing wildlife, learning stories of the land, and maybe even trying some local fruit if it’s in season.
At the top of the ranch, overlooking the ocean, you’ll sit down to enjoy a local picnic lunch in a private and relaxing setting. This is a great time to soak up the beautiful sights and sounds and reflect on the positive legacy you’ve left behind by planting a native tree.
An upgrade to a trackable tree is also available, which links you to the tree through proprietary GPS technology, part of our partnership with Hawaii Legacy Reforestation Initiative. This includes a special dedication to honor a loved one or celebrate a special event.
- Wear long pants, sunglasses, and covered shoes for this ride.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour (Single riders are able to book with a $25 surcharge)
- Ages 5 and up
- No pregnant riders
- Parents and Guardians must sign a waiver for children 17 years old and younger.
- Gunstock Ranch is an alcohol-free establishment. No intoxicated riders will be allowed on a ride. If a rider shows up intoxicated they will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- Smoking is not allowed at our check-in area or on the ride.
- Backpacks and large jackets are not allowed on the rides.
- Helmets are considered personal protective equipment. It is highly recommended that all persons wear a helmet, ATSM/SEI approved. Adults 18 years and older may opt to sign out of wearing a helmet.
- Riders 17 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet.
- A liability waiver must be thoroughly read and signed.
- Check-in time is 30 min. before scheduled ride time. Please allow ample time to reach us.
- We plan to ride rain or shine. In the event, we cancel a ride due to conditions we feel are unsafe for our trails, no charges will be applied and a full refund will be issued. If a party calls in to cancel their ride because they don’t want to ride in the rain, and we plan to carry out the ride, no refund will be given.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we feel would put our horses, other riders, or themselves in danger.
- Please remember that gratuities are not included in your ride price.
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.
- Please note that this is a guide-driven tour, guests will not be permitted to drive the vehicle.
- Picnic Lunch: Cold cut sandwiches on freshly baked bread (your choice of turkey, ham, or roast beef), served with delicious fruit, chips, a drink, and chocolate chip cookies.
- Gluten-Free: A deli sandwich on gluten-free bread, served with fresh fruit, chips, a drink, and gluten-free cookies.
- Vegetarian Salad: Tossed green salad with dressing and a side of fresh fruit, chips, a drink, and tasty cookies.
- Vegetarian Sandwich: Hummus, lettuce, and tomato sandwich on freshly baked bread, served with delicious fruit, chips, a drink, and chocolate chip cookies.