UPDATED 2023: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: 11:30 AM
- Duration: 2 Hours
An unforgettable Legacy Forest Adventure
It’s a beautiful experience to plant a tree, and it’s even more special when you can immerse yourself in the land where the new tree will grow. After planting a native tree in the Legacy Forest, you’ll buckle up in a rugged off-road vehicle and cruise down jungle paths and mountain trails, seeing wildlife, learning stories of the land, and maybe even trying some local fruit if it’s in season.
At the top of the ranch, overlooking the ocean, you’ll sit down to enjoy a local picnic lunch in a private and relaxing setting. This is a great time to soak up the sights and sounds and reflect on the positive legacy you’ve left behind by planting a native tree.
This tour requires the additional purchase a native tree. Your tree is trackable and linked to you through proprietary GPS technology, from the non-profit Hawaii Legacy Reforestation Initiative (HLRI). Your money will go directly to HLRI for the care and health of the forest. Your purchase also includes a special dedication and e-certificate to honor a loved one or celebrate a special event. Additional trees may be purchased.
- Wear long pants, sunglasses, and covered shoes for this ride.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour.
- Ages 5 and up
- No pregnant riders
- Gunstock Ranch is an alcohol-free establishment. No intoxicated riders will be allowed on a ride. If a rider shows up intoxicated they will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- Smoking is not allowed at our check-in area or on the ride.
- Backpacks and big bags will not be allowed on tours.
- We plan to ride rain or shine. In the event, we cancel a ride due to conditions we feel are unsafe for our trails, no charges will be applied and a full refund will be issued. If a party calls in to cancel their ride because they don’t want to ride in the rain, and we plan to carry out the ride, no refund will be given.
- Please remember that gratuities are not included in your ride price.
- All participants must complete waivers prior to participation.
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.
- Please note that this is a guide-driven tour, guests will not be permitted to drive the vehicle.
- Regular: Build your own sandwich cold-cut sandwiches on a brioche bun, fresh fruit, a small bag of chips, bottled water, canned juice, cookie and mint.
- Vegetarian: Garden salad, dressing on the side, fresh fruit, a small bag of chips, bottled water, canned juice, cookie and mint.
- Gluten-Free: Build your own sandwich cold-cut sandwiches on a gluten-free bread, fresh fruit, a small bag of chips, bottled water, canned juice, gluten-free dessert.