UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- August-September: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Closed Saturday and Sunday)
- October-Onward: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Tour Time: 7:45 AM
- Duration: 9 Hours 45 Minutes
Experience Kauai’s most scenic marvels on the Fern Grotto, Waimea Canyon & Wailua River Tour. You’ll journey to one of the world’s most inspiring geological wonders, the Waimea Canyon and be amazed at the expansive peaks, valleys, and deep gorges. Cruise down the Wailua River on a scenic boat ride amidst a lush rainforest jungle and take a relaxing stroll to the Fern Grotto. Witness natures raw power at the Spouting Horn Blowhole on this tour showcasing the scenic splendor of Kauai.
- Waimea Canyon – nicknamed “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific”, this epic natural wonder is over 10 miles long, 1 mile wide and more than 3,000 feet deep. The Waimea Canyon Lookout offers scenic views of the deep valley gorges with it’s striking red soil covered in greenery.
- ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls – This 151-foot-tall, 40-foot-wide waterfall is the most accessible major waterfalls on Kauai. ʻŌpaekaʻa” means “rolling shrimp,” which were once abundant in the stream.
- Spouting Horn Blowhole – crashing waves propel majestic jets of salt water through lava rock. One of the most photographed sites on Kauai.
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout – panoramic views of a valley covered in trees and wild green sugarcane. Hanapepe was one of the locations visited by famous explored Charles Wilkes in 1840 on his United States Exploring Expedition.
- Wailua River – narrated two-mile ride on an open-air boat down a meandering freshwater river.
- Fern Grotto – at the end of the Wailua River, walk through a tropical rainforest to a rock cave dripping in ferns. Listen to the melodious, live performance of the Hawaiian wedding song as you enjoy the verdant surroundings.
- Lunch at Puakea Grill
- Smith’s Wailua River Boat Tour & Fern Grotto Tickets
- Waimea Canyon State Park Admission
- Round-Trip Transportation
- Expert, Live Narration
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket.
Location: Please see Transportation tab for available pick-up times and locations.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Lunch is included at Puakea Grill. Choices include bottled water or canned drinks. Orders will be taken by our driver during the tour.
- Cheeseburger with fries or chips. Burgers are served on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and garlic
- Ham or Turkey sandwich with fries or chips, served on Ciabatta bread
- Ginger Fried Chicken
- Tofu Veggie Stir Fry (gluten free, vegetarian)
- Veggie Sandwich, served on Ciabatta bread
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- 7:45 AM – MARRIOTT WAIOHAI BEACH CLUB (lobby entrance)
- 7:45 AM – ASTON POIPU KAI (Front of Office Pe’e Rd)
- 7:45 AM – CASTLE KIAHUNA RESORT (4-way stop East Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – HYATT REGENCY KAUAI (Group Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – KIAHUNA PLANTATION (4-Way Stop-East Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – KOA KEA HOTEL (4-way Stop East Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – KOLOA LANDING RESORT (Main Entrance-Poipu Rd)
- 7:45 AM – KUHIO SHORE CONDO (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – LAWAI BEACH RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – MAKAHUENA (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – NIHI KAI VILLAS (Side Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – OUTRIGGER KIAHUNA PLANTATION (Upper Parking Lot-West Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – POIPU B & B INN (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – POIPU KAI RESORT (Street-side, Poipu Rd)
- 7:45 AM – POIPU KAPILI (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – POIPU PLANTATION RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – POIPU SHORES (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – PRINCE KUHIO RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – SHERATON (POIPU) KAUAI (Ocean Lobby)
- 7:45 AM – SUNSET KAHILI CONDO POIPU (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – THE POINT AT POIPU (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – WAIKOMO STREAM VILLAS, POIPU (Main Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – WHALERS COVE (Front Entrance)
- 8:00 AM – KAUAI BEACH RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 8:00 AM – KAUAI BEACH VILLAS (WYNDHAM) (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – CORAL REEF HOTEL (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – HOTEL CORAL REEF KAUAI (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – ISO (MOKIHANA) (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAPAA SHORES (WORLDMARK) (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAUAI KAILANI (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – OUTRIGGER (KAPAA, KAUAI) WAIPOULI BEACH RESORT (front of the porte-cochere (public parking: turn right upon entering property)
- 8:15 AM – PONO KAI RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – GARDEN ISLAND INN (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – ASTON ISLANDER ON THE BEACH (by Sign at Parking Lot)
- 8:15 AM – HILTON GARDEN INN KAUAI (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAHA LANI RESORT KAUAI (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAPAA SANDS RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAUAI COAST RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAUAI (HONU’EA) INTL HOSTEL (KIH) (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAUAI SHORES (Front Entrance-Papaloa Rd)
- 8:15 AM – LAE NANI (Front Entrance-Papaloa Rd)
- 8:15 AM – OUTRIGGER LAE NANI (Front Entrance-Papaloa Rd)
- 8:15 AM – PLANTATION HALE (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – SHERATON KAUAI COCONUT BEACH (formerly Courtyard Marriott) (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – SHERATON KAUAI COCONUT BEACH RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – WAILUA BAY VIEW CONDO (Main Entrance)
- 8:30 AM – LIHUE AIRPORT (ARRIVALS) (Hawaiian Air Baggage Claim)
- 8:30 AM – BANYAN HARBOR RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 8:30 AM – KAUAI INN (Small Boat Entrance)
- 8:30 AM – KAUAI PALMS (Front Entrance)
- 8:30 AM – MOTEL LANI (Front Entrance)
- 8:30 AM – ROYAL SONESTA KAUAI RESORT (prev KAUAI MARRIOTT) (Front Entrance)
- 8:30 AM – TIP TOP MOTEL (Front Entrance
- Ōpaekaʻa Falls
- Wailua River/Fern Grotto
- View Hanapepe Valley
- Waimea Canyon Lookout
- Kauai Coffee
- Spouting Horn