UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Wednesday
- Tour Time: 6:00 AM
- Duration: 9 Hours 30 Minutes
Experience essential Maui on this laid-back journey showcasing nature’s finery, historic landmarks, and charming country towns. Haleakala is truly magnificent in the daytime hours; bathed in sunlight which brings its steep slopes to center stage and when endemic wildlife freely roams the landscape. Leisurely observe Nene geese in their native habitat and discover the secret of the rare Silversword plant.
Enjoy lunch on your own in Makawao town and browse unique shops and galleries. Known for its sunny weather and relaxed vibe, Makawao is the place to be.
After a short walk past a meandering stream through a forest full of native Hawaiian plants, gaze high above at the iconic Iao Needle – a natural outcropping jutting from the mountain side; covered in emerald green vegetation and towering 1,200 feet over Iao valley. The valley is rich in history as a former ancient burial site for Hawaii’s royalty.
- Dormant Volcano Haleakala
- Haleakala National Park
- Haleakala Visitor Center
- Experience Climate and Topographical Changes
- Views of Kula
- Wailuku Town
- Iao Valley
- Hotel pickup and return after your singular morning on fabled Haleakala.
- All admission fees are included.
- Comfortable 38-mile drive to the summit area of “The House of the Sun”, Haleakala.
- Breathtaking sunrise viewing at 9,740 ft elevation summit area as you view the dawn of a new day from the top of the world.
- Haleakala Visitor Center, with its souvenirs, fact-filled publications, and helpful staff.
- Top-of-the-line Grech minibus tour vehicles with excellent amenities, superb visibility windows, USB ports, and more.
- Remarkable views of Kula, Upcountry Maui, and environs during descent.
- Drive through charming and historic Wailuku Town.
- Live tour narration augmented by a visual presentation on monitors (available in 6 languages).
- Dress warmly for your Haleakala Tour as temperatures fluctuate.
- This tour is operated on rough, winding roads. It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
- Kindly note that this tour is not recommended for guests with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude.
- People who have gone scuba diving should wait 72 hours before and after going on this tour.
- No refunds due to Haleakala due to inclement weather conditions impacting visibility.
- Hotel pick-up is provided from major Maui hotels. We are not permitted to pick up in residential areas or at B&B’s. Enter the name of your hotel at the time of reservation.
- Through October 8, 2023, all pickups from hotels and lodging in the West Maui area will be consolidated to the centrally located Kahului Safeway on Ho’okele Street. Temporarily consolidating pickups will allow the West Maui community the time they need to heal and rebuild.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.