UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. (Closed Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Tour Time: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 10 Hours
Journey through the heart of Kauai’s countryside where you’ll ascend a vast mountain via a meandering road engulfed by trees and endless fields to reveal what Mark Twain aptly described as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” It’s hard to believe that the immense cliffs and deep gorges of the Waimea Canyon could exist on an island – you’ll be mesmerized by its scenic beauty long after your vacation.
Watch the ocean waves propel jets of water through lava rock at the Spouting Horn Blowhole. In quaint Hanapepe town amid sugar cane fields, view Hanapepe Valley from the lookout and cross the famous Hanapepe Swinging Bridge.
Enjoy a delicious lunch at Waimea Plantation Cottages, Chicken in a Barrel BBQ with stunning oceanfront views fronting a two‐mile black sand beach.
Venture down a nature trail in Koke’e State Park for an easy hike surrounded by native Hawaiian flora and fauna. The first portion of the hike is a gradual uphill stroll for about 30 yards, then the land levels; hugging the contours of the hill. Listen for the lyrical chirping of the rare red ‘apapane or i’iwi bird species who sip nectar from the blossoms on the native trees.
Peer at the expanse of Waimea Valley from Puu Hinahina lookout point and visit the recently unveiled King Kaumuali‘i Statue at Pa‘ula‘ula, more commonly known as the Russian Fort.
Lastly, you’ll be welcomed at the Kauai Coffee Plantation near the coast for a stroll through the coffee orchard that leads toward the ocean. See the entire coffee process from initial blossoming and harvesting to the final roasting. Sample the exclusive line of estate‐grown Hawaiian coffees while relaxing beneath the warm Hawaiian sun.
- Spouting Horn
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout
- Hanapepe Swinging Bridge
- Lunch at Waimea Plantation Cottages
- Waimea Canyon (stop at key lookout points to be viewed from the coach)*
- Koke’e State Park (short, easy trail hike)
- Puu Hinahina Lookout (dramatic views of Waimea Valley)
- Kekaha Beach
- Russian Fort / King Kaumuali’i Statue
- Kauai Coffee Plantation
*Until further notice, the viewing platforms at Waimea Valley lookout area are being renovated to improve stability. Waimea Canyon will be viewed from key lookout areas.
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket.
Location: Please see Transportation tab for available pick-up times and locations.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
Pick up Schedule:
- 7:30 AM – CORAL REEF HOTEL (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – HOTEL CORAL REEF KAUAI (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – ISO (MOKIHANA) (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – KAPAA SHORES (WORLDMARK) (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – KAUAI KAILANI (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – OUTRIGGER (KAPAA, KAUAI) WAIPOULI BEACH RESORT (front of the porte-cochere)
- 7:30 AM – PONO KAI RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – ASTON ISLANDER ON THE BEACH (by Sign at Parking Lot)
- 7:30 AM – KAPAA SANDS RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – KAUAI COAST RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – KAUAI (HONU’EA) INTL HOSTEL (KIH) (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – KAUAI SHORES (Front Entrance-Papaloa Rd)
- 7:30 AM – LAE NANI (Front Entrance-Papaloa Rd)
- 7:30 AM – OUTRIGGER LAE NANI (Front Entrance-Papaloa Rd)
- 7:30 AM – PLANTATION HALE (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – SHERATON KAUAI COCONUT BEACH (formerly Courtyard Marriott) (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – SHERATON KAUAI COCONUT BEACH RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 7:30 AM – WAILUA BAY VIEW CONDO (Main Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – GARDEN ISLAND INN (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – KAUAI BEACH RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – KAUAI BEACH VILLAS (WYNDHAM) (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – HILTON GARDEN INN KAUAI (Front Entrance)
- 7:45 AM – KAHA LANI RESORT KAUAI (Front Entrance)
- 8:05 AM – LIHUE AIRPORT (ARRIVALS) (Hawaiian Air Baggage Claim)
- 8:15 AM – BANYAN HARBOR RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAUAI INN (Small Boat Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – KAUAI PALMS (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – MOTEL LANI (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – ROYAL SONESTA KAUAI RESORT (prev KAUAI MARRIOTT) (Front Entrance)
- 8:15 AM – TIP TOP MOTEL (Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – ASTON POIPU KAI (Front of Office Pe’e Rd)
- 8:45 AM – CASTLE KIAHUNA RESORT (4-way stop East Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – KIAHUNA PLANTATION (4-Way Stop-East Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – KOA KEA HOTEL (4-way Stop East Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – KOLOA LANDING RESORT (Main Entrance-Poipu Rd)
- 8:45 AM – KUHIO SHORE CONDO (Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – MAKAHUENA
- 8:45 AM – MARRIOTT WAIOHAI BEACH CLUB, 4-way stop in Upper Parking Lot
- 8:45 AM – NIHI KAI VILLAS (Side Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – OUTRIGGER KIAHUNA PLANTATION (Upper Parking Lot-West Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – POIPU B & B INN (Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – POIPU KAI RESORT (Street-side, Poipu Rd)
- 8:45 AM – POIPU KAPILI (Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – POIPU PLANTATION RESORT(Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – POIPU SHORES (Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – PRINCE KUHIO RESORT (Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – SHERATON (POIPU) KAUAI (Ocean Lobby)
- 8:45 AM – SUNSET KAHILI CONDO POIPU (Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – THE POINT AT POIPU (Front Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – WAIKOMO STREAM VILLAS, POIPU (Main Entrance)
- 8:45 AM – WHALERS COVE (Front Entrance)
- 9:00 AM – HYATT REGENCY KAUAI (Group Entrance)
- 9:00 AM – LAWAI BEACH RESORT (Front Entrance)