UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: (November- March)
- December: Tuesday and Friday
- January-March: Daily
- Tour Time:
- December-January 14: 1:00 PM
- January 15-31: 1:15 PM
- February-March: 1:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
Available during the Kauai Whale Watching Season (November – March). Share the beauty of Kauai’s south shore with some of the world’s largest and most peaceful creatures. Our Kauai Whale Watching tour is a must do for all wildlife enthusiasts, allow you to cruise the calm south shore waters of Kauai on one of our spacious 65′ catamarans while enjoying the magnificent sight of whales and other marine life. Enjoy delicious pupus (appetizers) complete with sodas, juices, beer, wine and Mai Tais set the mood for this unforgettable experience.
- Hydrophones for hearing the whales
- Water, Juice & Soft Drinks
- Beer, Wine & Mai Tais (21+)
- Light Jacket or Windbreaker
- Motion sickness preventatives if necessary
- This is a barefoot* tour.
- No children under 2 years old.
- No recent surgeries.
- No neck or back problems.
- All passengers must be able to walk across the boarding ramp without assistance.
- No expectant mothers.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
- All tours are weather permitting and there is no refund for motion sickness. Our tours operate rain or shine. If conditions are deemed to be unsafe (any thunder or lightning) then we do reschedule tours for the safety of our passengers.
*We have a shoe bin on the dock for you to leave your shoes. If you would like to keep your shoes on, just let the captain know and we will be more than happy to work with you. Please be advised that leaving your shoes on during the trip may limit your movement on the boat. Also, only shoes that are designed to be worn in a wet environment will be allowed. They must have an enclosed toe and heel with a flat soft sole. No slippers, flip flops, or heels. Remember, if your shoes get wet they may get slippery. You may be asked to remove them or remain seated for your safety.
Location: Port Allen Marina Center
Address: 4353 Waialo Road 7B Eleele, HI 96705
Google Maps: https://g.page/bluedolphinkauai?share
Parking for Blue Dolphin charters is in the gravel lot on the right just after the Port Allen Marina Center. Our designated area is in the middle of the lot. After parking your car, head back up to our office to check in and meet with your captain and crew to participate in a safety briefing before we all head down to the boat together.
Check-in: Please arrive at your designated tour time for check-in at our office which is the very first corner office in the Port Allen Marina Center.
- Please contact us to request assistance due to a disability. Accommodations cannot be guaranteed without adequate advance notice.
- Minimum to operate: 15 passengers