UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- January-October: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- November-December: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 8:30 AM, 1:00 PM
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx)
It’s not ziplining, it’s not rock climbing, it’s RAPPELLING!
This guided rappel tour departs from Da Life Outdoor Gear shop (next to Duke’s). A 10-minute van ride will take you to our scenic rappel training area overlooking the Hule’ia watershed and Ha’upu Mountain range. After a detailed rappel safety lesson, and a practice run on the dry wall, we’ll hike to secluded waterfalls. Our first rappel is the cascading 30’ Bamboo Falls, followed by the towering 60’ Papakolea Falls. Guaranteed to be the most unique experience of your vacation!
- Harness, helmet, rappel shoes and dry bag.
- Snacks, water, and juice provided throughout the tour.
- Pack light.
- Towel, waterproof camera.
- What to wear:
- Men: swim trunks or light-weight, quick dry shorts. Fitted quick-dry shirt.
- Women: surf shorts, yoga pants or quick dry pants. Fitted shirt, tankini, or bikini top is fine.
- It the winter bring a wetsuit top, if you have one. Rentals are available at check-in.
- Whatever you wear will get wet, so bring another set of clothes to change into a the end of the trip.
- Use only waterproof sunscreen, or it will wash off. We prefer to keep the stream fresh, without lotions and potions.
- You may wear a baseball cap or visor under your helmet.
- Must weigh between 70 lbs. and 250 lbs.
- Must have a waist measurement between 22 and 48 inches.
- Minimum age of 12 years old; not recommended for those over 65.
- This tour is not appropriate for people with back problems, recent surgeries, bone/joint problems, heart conditions, or women who are pregnant.
- Participants must have good balance, be able to navigate slippery, muddy, and uneven terrain, and climb up and down at least 10 flights of stairs without assistance.
- This activity is intended for participants who are physically fit and enjoy rugged activities.
- Loose/baggy tops and jewelry are hazardous and could prevent you from participating in the rappel.
- Flip flops and sneakers are NOT allowed. If you do not own proper footwear for the rappel tour, we include use of our felted bottom shoes for your comfort and safety upon check-in at Da Life Outdoor Gear.
- The life vests cannot be used for rappel due to safety in it hindering proper mobility. They are not necessary to swim at the waterfall pool below because it is shallow enough to stand. The deepest spots are about 5ft.
- Da Life Outdoors reserves the right to refuse to honor bookings at the time of the tour if participants are in anyway unfit for the activity. If you are unsure if you meet the restrictions for this tour, please call to inquire prior to booking.
Location: Address and check-in details provided upon confirmation of your booking.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour time
- Please bring a printed and signed voucher of your reservations.
- Our tours will be limited to a maximum of 8 Rappel participants and a maximum of 4 family observers.