UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- September-May: Tuesday and Friday
- June-August: Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday
- Tour Time: 6:00 AM
- Duration: 7 Hours 30 Minutes
Our most adventurous tour features sightseeing along the Napali Coast before crossing the 17-mile wide channel to the forbidden island of Niihau. Enjoy a delicious continental breakfast with coffee, tea, juices, and sodas as you take in the beauty of Kauai’s coastline. While there is no landing on the coast of Niihau, you can swim in the crystal-clear waters where visibility is sometimes as great as 150 feet. Snorkel, scuba dive*, float on boogie boards and noodles, play on our water slide or dangle your feet in the water on our convenient swim step at the back of the boat. On the way back to Port Allen, relax with a delicious and plentiful deli buffet lunch complete with beer, wine, and the best Mai Tais off the coast of Kauai. Scuba diving* is offered with reservation ahead of time for certified and introductory divers.
The Forbidden Island:
Niihau is the smallest of Hawaii’s inhabited islands. The island is known by its nickname of the ‘Forbidden Island’ as it is generally off-limits to the public and only relatives of the island’s owners and invited guests are allowed to step foot on the land. The 4.9 million-year-old Island of Niihau is approximately 6 miles wide and 18 miles long and has only a few hundred permanent residents, almost all of whom are native Hawaiians. Our Niihau adventure offers an up-close look at the coast of Niihau and gives you the opportunity to swim, snorkel, and even scuba dive* in its seldom explored crystal clear waters.
*SCUBA is temporarily unavailable on this tour.
- Continental Breakfast
- Deli Buffet Lunch
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Wetsuit rentals available (select at checkout)
- Water, Juice & Soft Drinks
- Unlimited Beer, Wine & Mai Tais (21+) served with lunch
- Bathing Suit
- Photo ID (For 21+ Access to Open Bar)
- Motion sickness preventatives if necessary
- Light sweater or wind-breaker for afternoon trips
- This is a barefoot* tour.
- No children under 5 years old.
- No recent surgeries.
- No neck or back problems.
- All passengers must be able to walk across the boarding ramp without assistance.
- No expectant mothers.
- All tours are weather permitting.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
*We have a shoe bin on the dock for you to leave your shoes. If you would like to keep your shoes on, just let the captain know and we will be more than happy to work with you. Please be advised that leaving your shoes on during the trip may limit your movement on the boat. Also, only shoes that are designed to be worn in a wet environment will be allowed. They must have an enclosed toe and heel with a flat soft sole. No slippers, flip flops, or heels. Remember, if your shoes get wet they may get slippery. You may be asked to remove them or remain seated for your safety.
Location: Port Allen Marina Center
Address: 4353 Waialo Road 7B Eleele, HI 96705
Google Maps: https://g.page/bluedolphinkauai?share
Parking for Blue Dolphin charters is in the gravel lot on the right just after the Port Allen Marina Center. Our designated area is in the middle of the lot. After parking your car, head back up to our office to check in and meet with your captain and crew to participate in a safety briefing before we all head down to the boat together.
Check-in: Please arrive at 6:00 AM for check-in at our office which is the very first corner office in the Port Allen Marina Center.
- Our caterer is able to accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free dietary restrictions on our tours. Please inform us at least 24 hours prior to the service date for any special meal requests.
- Minimum to operate: 15 passengers.
- *SCUBA is temporarily unavailable on this tour.