This activity has been updated. Please click here to book.
If you visit Maui, you absolutely “must” travel the picturesque Road to Hana, and you should enjoy it in the comfort of a deluxe, air-conditioned, smooth riding minibus with a professional driver. We provide the best way to fully experience the incredible 620 curves and beautiful 59 single-lane bridges along the way. We will make stops along the way at some of the most well-known locations, including a conditions-permitting waterfall swim stop. And the exclusive lunch is the best in Hana. We’ve shared the Road to Hana with tens of thousands of guests over the decades and would love to have you join us.
Leave the rental car behind and relax as you enjoy Maui’s lush countryside while your driver shares Hawaiian culture, sights, and stories. Our eco-tour reduces road congestion, carbon emissions, and lets you soak in the stunning sights.
- Continental Breakfast, enjoy fresh fruit, pastries, coffee, tea, and juice before heading for the “Highway”.
- Pa’ia Town, laid back “windsurfing capital of the world”, with its boutiques and restaurants is driven through as you travel eastward toward Hana.
- Kaumahina State Park, engulfed by a dense forest is a relaxing stop with awe-inspiring coastline views and refreshing, cool ocean breezes.
- Upper Waikani Falls, also known and “Three Bears Falls”, are three parallel waterfalls 70 feet in height and one of the most photogenic sites on the trip.
- Ke’anae Peninsula was created by flowing lava and juts into the ocean, where waves crash against jagged volcanic rocks. Taro famers on the peninsula practice sustainable farming as did the ancient Hawaiians. The old stone church, the village’s only surviving structure after a 1946 tsunami hit.
- Pua’a Ka’a State Park is an ideal spot to swim in tranquil waterfall pools, conditions permitting (bring towel and bathing suit). The turquoise water is stunning and equally enjoyed by bathers and spectators. Photo time, again!
- Wai’anapanapa State Park and Black Sand Beach is a magnificent site of a lava tube, sea arches, blowhole, and that wonderful beach. Our guests rank it as one of the finest stops on the tour. Wai’anapanapa means “glistening water” in Hawaii and refers to nearby streams but can also apply to the striking ocean views.
- Lunch at Hana Farms, a tropical farm, and marketplace located in the rainforest along Hana Highway. Tropical fruits and spices are grown on the farm, and a local network of small suppliers growing and harvesting crops contribute to menus and marketplace goods. (On your own)
- Hana Bay be viewed while driving through the Hana Town and some of the best views of the bay are from the road. It’s a favorite beach area for local residents
- South Wailua Falls are just past Hana and one of the tallest waterfalls offering convenient access from the roadway. Highly photographed falls and a picture you need in your camera!
- Kipahulu Valley and ‘Ohe’o Gulch can be seen will driving across the bridge directly above the head of the Falls of ‘Ohe’o waterfall, as the road heads in a southwesterly direction.
- Kaupo is where you’ll notice the distinct change in topography and views while driving around the “backside” from Hana. Volcanic rock and dry grasslands with grazing cows prevail. Kaupo is a sparsely populated sustainable ranching region.
- Upcountry Maui in the higher elevations surrounding Haleakala is reached as your remarkable day concludes. Its fertile volcanic soil is conducive to farming, dairy, and even production of local wines and spirits.
- Availability: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Tour Time: 6:00 AM
- Duration: 12 hours 30 minutes
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Bring along a bathing suit and towel if you’d like to swim in a waterfall pool, conditions permitting.
- This tour is operated on rough and winding roads. It is NOT recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
- Hotel pick-up is provided from major Maui hotels. We are not permitted to pick up in residential areas or at B&B’s. Enter the name of your hotel at the time of reservation.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up location.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.