UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Thursday and Saturday
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM
- Duration: 9 Hours 30 Minutes
Our acclaimed Grand Circle Island Tour of Oahu is the most enjoyable and informative way to see the beauties of the entire island in a single day. This exciting 120-mile excursion includes the key sites of Hawaii’s most visited island. Your professional driver-guide will meet you in Waikiki in a deluxe tour vehicle and share the many natural and cultural landmarks of Oahu. From the South Shore with far-reaching views of the Pacific Ocean to the windward coastline surrounded by the towering Ko’olau Mountain Range, then onward to the famous North Shore where waves pound pristine white sandy beaches, and back to Honolulu – you’ll take it all in during this one-of-a-kind tour.
- Amelia Earhart Lookout, located on the south side of Diamond Head, commemorates the first person to fly solo from Hawaii to the US mainland in 1934, two years after flying across the Atlantic.
- Exclusive Kahala Avenue is known as “Hawaii’s Beverly Hills”, and you’ll view the stunning multi-million-dollar properties in this affluent community while we travel toward the South Shore sea cliffs area.
Hanauma Bay Lookout was formed within a volcanic cone and is a preserved ecosystem alive with native marine life. A popular snorkeling spot, Hanauma Bay’s curved bowl is visible from the highway above. Your driver will make every attempt to stop briefly to view the Bay, but dependent on the current traffic and parking situation may need to drive by for a quick glimpse from above.
- Halona Blowhole acts like an ocean-driver geyser as the ocean breezes push waves into the cave below and a hole in the rock formation shoots sea spray jets high into the air. We’ll strive to include the blowhole during your tour; accessibility is dependent upon the parking congestion situation at this popular stop.
- Nu’uanu Pali Lookout is the location of the 1795 battle in which King Kamehameha I victoriously united Oahu under his rule. The epic battle claimed the lives of hundreds of warriors forced over the Pali’s sheer cliffs. At 1,200 feet above the green and blue views of Windward Oahu, the Pali Lookout is one of Oahu’s most breathtaking scenic points.
- Byodo-In Temple is a stunning replica of a temple in Uji, Japan, Byodo-In. It is nestled in the Valley of the Temples on the slopes of the Ko’olau Mountain Range, Byodo-In commemorates the first Japanese immigrants in Hawaii and was constructed entirely without nails. Its beautiful peacocks and hundreds of Japanese Koi Carp contribute to one of the most peaceful and picturesque locations on the island.
- Waimea Valley, Throughout history, this valley has been home to many people of the Kahuna class (prophet, healer, or fisherman), thus being recognized as, “The Valley of the Priests.” Book the “Gold” version of this tour to include a delicious lunch surrounded by native Hawaiian plants and wildlife. Weather-permitting, guests may swim in the natural waterfall-fed pool.
- Chinaman’s Hat, an islet in Kaneohe Bay aptly named for the cone-shaped hat worn by Chinese immigrants. Chinaman’s Hat is easily viewed from the shore near Kualoa on the windward side of Oahu.
- North Shore Surfing Breaks, including world-famous Sunset, Waimea Bay, and others, are viewed from your tour vehicle as it crosses the island’s big wave territory. The region is known for its fabulously large wintertime waves and international surfing competitions.
- Historic Haleiwa Town, with its preserved old plantation character and surf town image, makes its shops and restaurants popular among visitors and Oahu residents. It’s the gateway to the North Shore for those arriving from Honolulu and is the area’s largest commercial center. – Before leaving the area, enjoy refreshing shave ice from Matsumoto and soak in the North Shore scene.
- Dole Plantation is “Hawaii’s Complete Pineapple Experience”. Learn, see, and taste the fruit that is part of the island’s heritage and enjoyed throughout the world. Walkthrough Dole’s country store where delicious ice-cold Dole Whip treats are available. The quintessential final stop before heading back to Waikiki.
- Round-Trip Transportation
- Admission to Byodo-In Temple
- Expert, Live Narration
- You should bring items that allow you to be comfortable.
- You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera.
- Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 15-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- No-host lunch is available at Waimea Valley. Lunch stop subject to change.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas, New Year’s Day, or Thanksgiving.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 15-minute window for your driver to arrive.
Pick up locations:
- HALE KOA HOTEL WAIKIKI, Front Entrance – 7:00 AM
- ILIKAI HOTEL, Curbside at Ala Moana Blvd by Flagpoles – 7:15 AM
- PRINCE WAIKIKI HOTEL, Front Entrance – 7:15 AM
- ALA MOANA HOTEL, Mahukona St. – 7:15 AM
- AQUA PALMS WAIKIKI, in front of IHOP – 7:15 AM
- HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE – Grand Islander Bus Depot – 7:20 AM
- HOTEL LACROIX (WAIKIKI GATEWAY), Side Entrance Olohana St – 7:25 AM
- OUTRIGGER REEF WAIKIKI, Front Entrance – 7:30 AM
- SHERATON WAIKIKI HOTEL, Tour Bus Terminal (Aloha Landing) – 7:30 AM
- ROSS DRESS FOR LESS, Curbside at Seaside Ave – 7:35 AM
- HILTON GARDEN INN WAIKIKI, Curbside on Walina St – 7:35 AM
- CHEESECAKE FACTORY WAIKIKI, Curbside on Kalakaua Avenue – 7:35 AM
- OHANA WAIKIKI EAST – Curbside outside front entrance on Kaiulani Ave – 7:40 AM
- HYATT REGENCY WAIKIKI, Curbside under a green awning, Koa Ave. – 7:45 AM
- ALOHILANI RESORT & WAIKIKI RESORT, Curbside corner on Koa Ave across Waikiki Resort – 7:50 AM
- ASTON WAIKIKI BEACH, Curbside Paoakalani St – 7:55 AM
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT, Paoakalani Ave Tour Bus Stop – 7:55 AM