“Hokua,” the most exciting charter vessel located at Ma’alaea Harbor, is a 40-foot power catamaran specifically built for our unique Hawaiian waters. She is Coast Guard-certified to carry up to 36 passengers, but we limit our guests to 35 per trip to allow for extra room for everyone to spread out and relax in comfort.
Onboard “Hokua,” you will have an adventure of a lifetime watching whales from an “eye-level” perspective. You will be able to view the whales on both port and starboard sides comfortably from your seat. Our boat is propelled with the latest technology, “Jet Drives” rather than propellers; therefore, we are “Eco-Friendly” and “Whale Friendly.”
Onboard Hokua, a naturalist will give a talk on the Humpbacks and will be able to answer all your questions. With such a small group of people onboard, you will also have the best opportunity to get some excellent photographs of the whales.
– Eco-Friendly Jet Drives = NO PROPELLERS
– 35 passengers max. = AVOID THE CROWDS
– Eye-level perspective
– Marine Naturalist onboard to answer any questions
– Hydrophone technology, listen to the whales sing live
– Guaranteed whale sightings, or your next trip is free
– Children under 3 are free with paying adult
– Seniors (66+) are discounted
– Very fast (more time looking at the whales as opposed to looking for the whales)
- BYOB. Bring your own favorite cocktail, beer, wine, etc. No glass bottles please. Alcohol not sold on Whale Watches. Complimentary water, iced tea, lemonade, and POG available onboard.