UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)
- Tour Times: 2:00 AM (Times are approximate & subject to change +/-30 minutes with sunrise)
- Duration: 9 Hours 30 Minutes
Viewing the Maui sunrise atop the summit area of Haleakala is among the most sought-after experiences in the islands. The otherworldly landscape, altitude, unique flora, and pervasive influence of ancient Hawaiian culture combine to create an event simply beyond imagination. Translated from Hawaiian, Haleakala means “House of the Sun”, and as the most experienced of Haleakala tour providers and operators of the finest vehicles for the trip, Polynesian Adventure Tours is ideally qualified to share the rising of the sun with you.
Your expert driver-guide will greet you at your hotel and welcome you aboard a state-of-art minibus that features wide side windows to allow views along the way to the summit area. Your driver guide’s live tour narration is augmented with captivating video segments shown on high-tech vehicle monitors. Once at the summit and above the clouds, take in the stunning views of the rising sun. Upon descending from the dormant Maui volcano tour, you will join newfound friends for a delicious local style breakfast at Kula Lodge with its upcountry hospitality and breathtaking views of the West Maui mountains before returning to your hotel.
- Complimentary Maui hotel pickup and return.
- 38-mile driving ascent of Haleakala
- Admission is included to Haleakala National Park.
- Experience the dawn of a new day from what seems like on top of the world!
- In clear weather, view the Big Island of Hawaii from Maui.
- Witness a kaleidoscope of changing colors and dazzling lights from atop Haleakala.
- See the magnificent silversword plant, found nowhere else in the world.
- We’ll make an approximate one-hour stop at the “House of the Sun” visitor’s center.
- Breakfast is included at Kula Lodge, a local favorite, where you and your newly found friends will enjoy a delicious meal together.
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes.
- Dress warmly for your Haleakala tour as temperatures fluctuate.
- Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces. Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera.
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude.
- People who have gone scuba diving should wait 72 hours before going on this tour.
- This tour is operated on very rough, winding roads.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
- No refunds if sunrise is not visible due to inclement weather conditions.
- Hotel pick-up is provided from major Maui hotels. We are not permitted to pick up in residential areas or at B&B’s. Enter the name of your hotel at the time of reservation.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up location.
- Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
- Please indicate any dietary restrictions (vegetarian, vegan, gluten‐free, nut‐allergy, etc.) at the time of booking.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.