UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)
- Tour Times: 2:00 AM (Times are approximate & subject to change +/-30 minutes with sunrise)
- Duration: 9 Hours 30 Minutes
Begin your vacation on Maui by viewing the beautiful sunrise from atop Haleakala! Travel by mini-coach up the dormant volcano. Breakfast at Café O lei at the Dunes in Kahului is included in this tour. We also provide round trip hotel transportation, admission to Haleakala National Park and narration by our expert driver guides. Set your alarm and dress warmly in preparation of the 38 mile trip up Haleakala. The temperature can be as low as around 20 degrees Fahrenheit, but the sight of the sun rising from 10,000 ft above sea level will soon warm you up.
Haleakala translates from ancient Hawaiian as “House of the Sun” and be sure to ask your guide to relate the story of the Demigod Maui. The sunrise continues to delight our visitors every day, this is truly a once in a lifetime experience that is not to be missed!
Enjoy views from large vista view windows on the luxury, comfortable mini coach as we make the 38 mile descent to the base of the dormant volcano. After your magnificent adventure we will provide a complimentary return to your hotel.
- Complimentary Maui hotel pickup and return.
- 38-mile driving ascent of Haleakala
- Admission is included to Haleakala National Park.
- Experience the dawn of a new day from what seems like on top of the world!
- In clear weather, view the Big Island of Hawaii from Maui.
- Witness a kaleidoscope of changing colors and dazzling lights from atop Haleakala.
- See the magnificent silversword plant, found nowhere else in the world.
- We’ll make an approximate one-hour stop at the “House of the Sun” visitor’s center.
- Includes breakfast at one of Maui’s premier restaurants after descending Haleakalā
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes.
- Dress warmly for your Haleakala tour as temperatures fluctuate.
- Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces. Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera.
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude.
- People who have gone scuba diving should wait 72 hours before going on this tour.
- This tour is operated on very rough, winding roads.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
- Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
- No refunds if sunrise is not visible due to inclement weather conditions.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.