A movie adventure tour for young and old, movie buffs and nature lovers! You’ll visit many famous sites on Kauai where Hollywood Blockbusters and TV shows were filmed. Your backstage pass will take you to scenic locations with your film buff guide and you’ll even view clips of those notable films. Lunch is included at Tahiti Nui, where the George Clooney film “The Descendants” was filmed. You’ll enjoy this unique tour that truly showcases Kauai’s most beautiful locales and scenic locations.
- Ahukini Landing – a pier at the mouth of Hanamaulu Stream where it meets the Pacific Ocean. A popular fishing spot, Pagan Love Song and Donovan’s Reef were filmed here.
- Lydgate Beach – adjacent to the Wailua River, enclosed from the ocean by two rock ponds. Elvis filmed “Blue Hawaii” as it offers a picturesque backdrop.
- Opaekaa Falls – a beautiful waterfall that cascades into a hidden pool below, Opaekaa Falls is 151-feet tall and 40 feet wide. Featured in the “Wackiest Ship in the Army” and “Blue Hawaii.”
- Kilauea Point Lighthouse Overlook – at the Northern most tip of Kauai, the Kilauea Lighthouse is famously seen in “Lilo and Stitch” and serves as a beacon for ships in the 1970s.
- Kapa’a Town – a quaint town north of Wailua on the east-side of Kauai where the famous dinosaur “egg-change” took place in Jurassic Park.”
- Lunch at Tahiti Nui – included in the tour price, enjoy lunch at local favorite dining hot spot, Tahiti Nui and select from a variety of local favorites.
- Hanalei & Hanalei Pier – (unable to visit until further notice). A charming town rich in history, surrounded by taro patches and art galleries, Hanalei suffered widespread and catastrophic flooding in April 2018. The flood waters eroded the land around the famous Hanalei pier so although still beautiful, the pier itself is not as accessible by foot. Unfortunately, Hanalei and all of Kauai has recently been hit hard again, as heavy rains and more flooding in late August 2018 affected the entire island.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
- Tour Time: 7:00 AM
- Duration: 7 hours 45 mins
- Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Bring a light sweater or jacket.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 48 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.