UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
(TRANSPORTATION NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT)
- Availability: Tuesday and Friday
- Tour Times: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 4 Hours
Hiking Tours on the Best Little Trail on Oahu
The “Iki” starts off with a 7-mile off-road ride to the trailhead and continues with a hike through natural beauty. Hikers will scale windswept ridges, cross freshwater streams, and trek through rich tropical valleys. See wild bananas, guava, bamboo thickets, scented gingers, and other spectacular rainforest plants. Revel in Hawaii’s fascinating history, culture, and ancient mythology as shared by an expert Hawaiian guide. If that’s not enough, how about a rejuvenating swim in a private mountain pool? End your hike with a light gourmet lunch. You’ll smile all the way home. This is the best little trail on the island and the perfect way to experience Oahu.
- Water shoes or rubber sandals (for stream crossings).
- Bring a reuseable water bottle for liquid fuel and snacks.
- Be prepared for wet clothes/shoes and be mindful of personal electronics.
- Don’t forget sunglasses to protect your eyes, environmental & reef-safe sunscreen and mosquito repellant.
- A camera…charged and ready to go.
- Light backpack for all the stuff you packed.
- Trail Rating: Intermediate
- Skill Level: Novice/Intermediate
- Length: 2-mile round trip
- Age Requirement: 10 years
- Covered shoes are a must
- This trail has an elevation gain of 200ft. thus all hikers must be able to traverse up and downhill sections.
- This trail is not suitable for people who are unable to manage high heart rates for prolonged periods of time / intensive aerobic activity or people with hip and/or knee ailments; vertigo; or an extreme fear of heights.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver and release form prior to the start of their tour.
- Max Group Size: 10 guests
Location: Aloha General Store at the North Shore Marketplace
Address: 66-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712
Google Maps: https://g.page/NorthShoreMarketplace?share
Parking: Park at the North Shore Marketplace is located in front of Kono’s (restaurant). It is on the main street with high visibility and a roving security guard from the mall.*
Check-in: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.
- *Please do not leave any valuables in your vehicle while out on tour. Keep bags and other belongings out of view by placing them in the trunk or under the seat. North Shore EcoTours and North Shore Marketplace are not responsible for any stolen items or damaged vehicles due to break-ins.
- Please remember that it is an actual mountain trail. As such, hikers can expect exposure to: rain, sunshine, wind, and/or high humidity.
- Trail conditions can include: slippery stream crossings, loose gravel, slick mud, and cliffy sections.