UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Daily (December-January 22)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday) (January 23-March 5)
- Tour Times: 8:30 AM
- Duration: 10 Hours 30 Minutes (approx.)
Enjoy one of our world’s most scenic and captivating roads circling around Haleakala. Locally owned and operated,
our Ohana will take guests along Maui’s eastern volcano to see countless waterfalls, lush rainforest, breathtaking mountain views, and magnificent ocean scenes. Hana Highway features over 600 coastal turns and nearly 60 bridges, most one lane. Walk along Ke’anae peninsula, an ancient volcanic lava flow with dramatic views of waves crashing along its rocky shore. Stop for a chance to enjoy some freshly baked banana bread, fresh fruit, shave ice, and more. Swim in a freshwater pool by a waterfall at Pua’a Ka’a State Park and again in the ocean at a black sand beach. Spend time in Hana at Wai’anapanapa State Park, featuring a rugged volcanic shoreline, sea stacks, natural stone arch, black sand beach, blowholes, and more. After experiencing Hana, enjoy cruising back along the remote southern route of Haleakala to best take in what is not accessible to rental cars.
- Drive through Paia Town and see our unique, north shore surf town. See the surf of Maui’s famous north shore and Ho’okipa Beach, a surfer’s dream come true.
- Witness Kea’nae Peninsula’s rugged, picturesque shoreline and stop for fresh banana bread.*
- See Upper Waikani Falls (3 Bears Waterfall)-Tour along coastal and historic Hana highway through lush Hawaiian rainforest.
- Stop in Wai’anapanapa State Park. Enjoy walking around and experiencing the black sand beach. Swim time available**
- Full lunch served in Hana.-See the Pools of ‘Ohe’o, the “7 sacred pools” as we tour over the Oheo bridge.-Relax, taking in countless waterfalls as your driver expertly navigates the hundreds of curves and nearly 60 one-lane bridges along this unforgettable journey.
- Cruise around the south side of Haleakala to enjoy expansive coastal views and the windswept mountain slopes.
- Catch sight of the Pokowai Sea Arch
- Drive through scenic Keokea and Upcountry Kula
*Bring spending money!
**Swim time is weather permitting. Swim at your own discretion, our guides are not lifeguards.
- Transportation (with hotel pickup/drop-off)
- Highly qualified, knowledgeable, professional, and thoughtful guides.
- Snacks and water bottles
- Umbrellas available for use
- Bring a camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, and some cash.
- If you plan on swimming, bring your swimsuit, water shoes, a beach towel, a plastic bag to contain your wet stuff, and a dry change of clothes.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) must bring proper car-seat(s) or booster seat(s) for their minor(s). Children under 4 years of age are to have a child safety seat and cannot ride as a lap child. Children ages 4-7 or shorter than 4’9” are to use a child safety seat or a booster seat.
- Specific to swimming: No lifeguard will be on duty at the swim locations. Guests swim at their own discretion. Swim time is weather-permitting.
- Guests must show their voucher/receipt to the driver picking them up for the tour.
- The tour route does have some bumpy roads. Some of the terrain at tour stops is irregular.
- Tour route subject to change due to conditions such as extreme weather, fallen tree, park accessibility, road closure, etc.
- Please be ready 15 minutes before your pickup time. Pick-up time and location will be confirmed after booking.
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.