UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Time:
- December 1 – February 15: 6:45 AM, 9:00 AM, 11:15 AM, 1:45 PM, 4:00 PM
- February 16 – April 15: 7:15 AM, 9:30 AM, 11:45 AM, 2:15 PM, 4:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
There is a reason why whale watching is one of the top activities on Maui… It’s Amazing!
Whale season on Maui is when Humpback Whales migrate from Alaska to Hawaii to breed, give birth, and enjoy our warm Hawaii winters. The season begins in December and ends in April.
During this time you can see whales from your hotel balcony, from scenic viewpoints along the drive to Lahaina, or even from the beach. But for an experience, you won’t soon forget, we recommend getting on board for a closer look.
We offer shared whale watching trips for groups of up to 20 people. Whale sightings are GUARANTEED on all whale watching trips. Small groups allow us to provide a personalized experience, from discussions about the whales and their behavior to one-on-one question and answer sessions.
Did you know that Humpback Whales sing? Hear them with our onboard hydrophone! Now that’s something that’s hard to do from the beach.
Every year, over 10,000 Humpback Whales migrate from cold Alaskan waters to spend the winter in warm Hawaii. As Hawaii is their destination, they spend most of their time at the surface where we can get the best view.
Maui Nui is part of the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary, an area that protects the whales in their natural environment. Kohola is the Hawaiian name for these magnificent creatures of the sea. Many Kohola are born here in Hawaii and will continue to return to our islands throughout their life to breed and give birth.
- Whales Guaranteed
- Onboard Naturalists
- Close Encounters
- Onboard Hydrophone
- Onboard Restroom
- Ice Cold Water
- Cushioned Seats
- 50/50 Shaded
- Fun for the whole family
- Ample dry storage
- Bring your Go Pro’s we have free extension poles to borrow for these amazing underwater shots!
- Reusable water bottle, no glass.
- Bring Liquid Sunscreen (please no spray types), hat/sunglasses.
- Cash for gratuity/logowear purchases.
Location: Makai Adventure, Lahaina Harbor, Slip #16
Address: 675 Wharf St, Lahaina, HI 96761
Check-in: Please check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time at Slip #16.
- Parking can be found at any of the pay-to-park parking lots around town. Free 3-hour parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis along Front Street or Banyan Tree Park, or in the free public parking lot located on the corner of Prison and Front Streets.
- The closest, most affordable paid parking lots are located on Dickenson Street or behind the Wharf Cinema Center.
- Please note that this trip is 2 hours, so you will only need to pay for a maximum of 3 hours parking.
- Please allow extra time for in-town traffic and parking.
Minimum 8 passengers to confirm tour. Maximum 20 passengers.