UPDATED 2023: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 9:30 AM
- Duration: 5 Hours (plus an extra 30 minutes to 1 hour each way for hotel transfers)
This is our most popular hike in an amazingly unique valley. Dazzling waterfalls from 10 to 40 feet high, large clear swimming pools under each of the falls, magical rainforests, and freshwater streams. It’s an exciting adventure where you can jump safely from rock ledges into several falls and learn about Maui’s wonders from our naturalist guides.
Follow two streams to 3 to 5 breathtaking waterfalls from 10 to 40 feet high. Swim and jump (optional) into large pools under several of the falls. Climb volcanic shelves at 3 of the falls to leap 10 to 15 feet off rock ledges. Popular valley with private trails situated along the Hana Highway. End your day with a “shower” under a real Hawaiian waterfall. Learn about the island and its rainforests from our expert guides. Nutritious lunch and snacks included.
- Shoes to Wear on our Tours
- Running shoes or sports sandals (like Tevas, Chacos or Keens).
- Your shoes may get muddy, dirty, and/or wet on any of our hikes.
- Clothing for our Tours
- Shorts and short-sleeved shirts or t-shirts are best. If mosquitoes really bother you (your guide carries repellent), you could wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt. Also, you’ll want to wear your swimsuit so you can swim in the waterfall pools (optional).
- Additional Items to Bring for the Day
- Towel: Waterfall trips include swimming (optional)
- Sunscreen: Helpful on any tour
- Camera & Phone: Please bring a Ziploc or a plastic bag to prevent any damage from moisture
- You are responsible for any personal equipment you choose to bring along.
- Minimum age is 6.
- Minimum number of passengers per trip is 2 and the maximum is 12.
- Participants must be able to hike unaided over uneven terrain, and maneuver confidently over slippery rocks, and around tree stumps, roots and branches.
- We run our tours in most weather conditions, but reserve the right to alter tour parameters if safety issues arise.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation. Click here if you want to read our Participation Agreement.
- Hotel pick-up is provided from major South Maui (Kihei & Wailea) hotels. We are not permitted to pick up in residential areas or at B&B’s. Enter the name of your hotel at the time of reservation.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minutes window for your driver to arrive.
- DIFFICULTY RATING: Moderate-Easy for some, more challenging for others, depending upon weather and water level conditions.
- Total hiking distance is approximately 2.5 miles.
- If there are multiple parties in your group booking separately, please let us know you are together at check out.