UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours – 2 Hours 30 Minutes
The Big Island’s Umauma Falls zipline has nine (9) long lines with 2 MILES of spectacular ziping, over 14 waterfalls and great ocean views. The first four lines are exciting long dual lines.
If you love waterfalls like we do, this Big Island zipline is what you’re looking for! It has been said by many people who have toured other ziplines that “this is the best zipline on all the Hawaiian Islands.” The Umauma Falls zipline is probably why you came to the Big Island of Hawaii, even if you don’t know it yet.
At line #2, you will have time to view the beautiful scenery which includes a view of a 100 foot waterfall as you look toward the top of Mauna Kea. Most people who live on the Big Island of Hawaii have never seen this beautiful waterfall. You also visit a shelter that overlooks the river as another river joins the mighty UMAUMA. Keep an eye out for the native Hawaiian hawk (I‘o) that lives in this area. On line #4 you will zip over 2000 feet of river water and many falls. This is so amazing you will pinch yourself that you are actually here.
Cross a 200′ suspension bridge that takes you 100′ over a water filled lava tube and fern grotto to get to line #5. You will get a close up view of the dual waterfall part of the famous UMAUMA FALLS at the end of line #7. You also get to view the FAMOUS FALLS from a special shelter for zipline guests only. Line #9 sends you back to where you started at the Visitors Center.
- No experience is necessary!
- 14 Beautiful Waterfalls
- 2-Miles of Exhilarating Ziplining Fun!
- 9 Spectacular Ziplines
- 4 Dual Lines!
- Cross a Suspension Bridge over a river gorge, lava tube and fern grotto!
- Great for the whole family!
- Participants must be ages 4 years and up.
- Required Weight: 35 lbs. min – 275 lbs. max
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tours run rain or shine. Rain-wear will be provided in the event of wet weather.
- Closed-toe footwear, such as sneakers or hiking boots should be worn.
- Be sure to tie back long hair.
- Glasses should be secured with a strap.
- Make sure you remove any sharp objects from your pockets.
- Moderate – advanced physical activity – must be able to climb 3 flights of stairs and walk for short distances.
- Pregnant women and those with serious medical conditions as well as persons with prior back and neck injuries are not permitted to participate.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
Location: The Umauma Experience
Address: 31-313 Old Mamalahoa Hwy,Hakalau, HI 96710
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/FNDHBXHPCVbsv87d6
- Please check in 45 minutes prior to your tour time.
- The Tour group is brought together approximately 20 minutes prior to tour time to be escorted to the gear area. Vans will depart on the hour.