UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times: 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM
- Duration: 2 Hours
Every Date is Better with Horses
Sometimes the best way to get closer is to get away. There’s no better place to spend quality time together than Hawaii’s North Shore, and you haven’t seen the island until you’ve seen it by horseback, riding through the forest trails and overlooking the ocean.
This is a unique and unforgettable experience, far away from all the noise of the regular tourist spots. You’ll see a side of Oahu that many don’t know about and enjoy a private picnic together, complete with delicious sandwiches on fresh homemade bread, fruit, and a bottle of sparkling cider. The highlight of the ride is a sweeping panoramic view of the ocean from our lookout point, where you can take in the full scale and beauty of the island. (If you can take your eyes off each other, that is.)
If you’re comfortable on horses and would like to upgrade to an advanced ride with trotting and cantering allowed, just let us know!
- Long pants
- Covered shoes, cowboy boots are not required
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water
- Small cameras are welcome
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour.
- No pregnant riders
- Riders must be over 7 years old (12 years old for advanced riders)
- Riders must weigh less than 240 lbs (less than 220 lbs for advanced riders)
- Walking only ride—no trotting or cantering
- Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
- All participants must complete waivers prior to participation.
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
Please arrive 45 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.