Your guide will show you all the beautiful vistas and unique historical sites on the ranch as you explore on your fully guided UTV tour. Enjoy all the features of our 1-Hour ride that is filled with filming locations, a secret cave, unique natural landscapes, wildlife, ranch animals, and WWII historical sites. As well as a exploring our beautiful high country mountains.
The highlight of this tour is arriving at our scenic lookout which provides a majestic view of the Windward side of Oahu where dinner will be warm and be waiting for you at the campfire. Feast on a locally-catered farm-fresh meal from Pounders. Each customer may select their choice of protein:
- Boneless Short Rib w/ Kalbi Sauce – A braised short rib, barbecued for a light searing glazed in our cast iron pan with our Kalbi sauce.
- Pan-seared Chicken – Our Jidori-style, raised organic, free-range chicken is pan seared then baked with our own mirin-ginger beurre blanc.
- Island Style Mac-Nut Mahimahi – Mahimahi crusted with basil and macadamia nuts then baked until crispy. Served with sour papaya salsa.
All meals served with salad, ulu mash, and with a Hawaiian Sun fruit drink and bottled water. Roast marshmallows over the campfire and enjoy the evening in a more relaxed setting. After dinner, your Wrangler will help get you mounted back on your horse and guide you back home. You will be riding back under the light of dusk.
The Sunset Dinner Experience is a 2.5 hour guided tour with ample time to enjoy your leisurely dinner at the top. This is a great experience for the whole family. This experience is only booked for your private group, creating an intimate and memorable experience with just your family and friends at your side. Groups of 6 or less are guided on our Teryx4 smooth ride vehicles while larger groups of 5-12 experience this tour on our new Pinzgauer vehicles that can fit your entire group comfortably. No pregnant riders.
- Available Days: Monday through Saturday (CLOSED SUNDAYS)
- Tour Times: 4:30pm
- Duration: 2.5 Hours
- We recommend that you wear long pants, sunglasses, and covered shoes for this ride.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome. For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour (Single riders are able to book with a $25 surcharge)
- Ages 5 and up
- No pregnant riders
- Parents and Guardians must sign a waiver for children 17 years old and younger.
- Gunstock Ranch is an alcohol-free establishment. No intoxicated riders will be allowed on a ride. If a rider shows up intoxicated they will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- Smoking is not allowed at our check-in area or on the ride.
- Backpacks and large jackets are not allowed on the rides.
- We encourage guests to bring a small camera while on their ride.
- Helmets are considered personal protective equipment. It is highly recommended that all persons wear a helmet, ATSM/SEI approved. Adults 18 years and older may opt to sign out of wearing a helmet.
- Riders 17 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet.
- A liability waiver must be thoroughly read and signed.
- Check in time is 30 min. before scheduled ride time. Please allow ample time to reach us.
- We plan to ride rain or shine. In the event, we cancel a ride due to conditions we feel are unsafe for our trails, no charges will be applied and a full refund will be issued. If a party calls in to cancel their ride because they don’t want to ride in the rain, and we plan to carry out the ride, no refund will be given.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we feel would put our horses, other riders, or themselves in danger.
- Please remember that gratuities are not included in your ride price.
Location: Please meet us at our ranch on the North Shore of Oahu. Gunstock Ranch is located 2 miles North of the Polynesian Cultural Center, between the towns of Laie and Kahuku, Oahu. We are a 10-minute drive from Turtle Bay Resort.
- Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
Please check in 30-minute before your ride time. There will be a 15-minute safety briefing and waiver signing prior to the ride. Our goal is to leave on time so we provide you the full experience. Please plan ahead so you are not late.