UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Times:
- Jan-March: 4:30 PM (March 31st 4:00 PM)
- Apr-Sept: 5:30 PM
- Oct-Dec: 4:00 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
*Ride time is seasonal and may vary by 30 min. Please check when booking.
See Hawaii in the Best Light
At sunset, Oahu’s North Shore becomes magical, with colorful skies and billowing clouds that make you feel like you’ve stepped into a painting. This special time turns into an unforgettable experience when you witness it from horseback, traveling through quiet forests and beautiful mountain trails. That’s not to mention that at sunset everything cools down and all the birds start to sing. Trust us, it’s the best time of day to ride.
On the trail, you might see grazing cattle, native fruit trees, and even wild pigs. You’ll also have sneak peeks of the ocean below, leading up to the best part—a thrilling panoramic view from our scenic lookout. You’ll remember it for years to come.
- Long pants
- Covered shoes, cowboy boots are not required
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water
- Small cameras are welcome
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour (Single riders are able to book with a $25 surcharge)
- No pregnant riders
- Riders must be over 7 years old
- Riders must weigh less than 240 lbs
- Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
- Walking only ride—no trotting or cantering
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
Please arrive 45 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.