UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: 11:30 AM
- Duration: 2 Hours
Explore and Build Something New
After riding through the Hawaiian countryside by horseback, you’ll feel a special closeness to this beautiful place, and there’s no better way to give back to the ‘aina (land) than by planting a native tree in our Legacy Forest. This eco-tour is part of a huge reforestation effort in partnership with Hawaii Legacy Reforestation Initiative, and you’ll be able to make a difference in the preservation of Oahu’s North Shore.
You and your horse will travel up to our scenic mountain trails, exploring peaceful forests, open pastures, and gorgeous ocean views. Along the way, you might see a variety of wildlife, like tropical birds, grazing cows, and wild pigs. Once at the Legacy Forest, you’ll personally plant a native tree during a special ceremony. Each individual makes a difference, and we hope you’ll join us soon.
With an upgrade to your tour, you can also plant additional trackable trees. Each trackable tree is uniquely paired to you through our proprietary GPS technology, which will allow you to monitor it remotely and return to visit whenever you’d like to see its progress. You may also dedicate a tree in honor of a loved one or special event.
- Picnic Lunch in
- Monarch Milo included (one tree per party)*
*Upgrade to a dedicated and trackable tree available.
- We recommend that you wear long pants, sunglasses, and covered shoes for this ride.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour (Single riders are able to book with a $25 surcharge)
- Ages 7 and up
- Walking only ride—no trotting or cantering
- No pregnant riders
- Parents and Guardians must sign a waiver for children 17 years old and younger.
- Gunstock Ranch is an alcohol-free establishment. No intoxicated riders will be allowed on a ride. If a rider shows up intoxicated they will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- Smoking is not allowed at our check-in area or on the ride.
- Backpacks and large jackets are not allowed on the rides.
- Helmets are considered personal protective equipment. It is highly recommended that all persons wear a helmet, ATSM/SEI approved. Adults 18 years and older may opt to sign out of wearing a helmet.
- Riders 17 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet.
- A liability waiver must be thoroughly read and signed.
- Check-in time is 30 min. before scheduled ride time. Please allow ample time to reach us.
- We plan to ride rain or shine. In the event, we cancel a ride due to conditions we feel are unsafe for our trails, no charges will be applied and a full refund will be issued. If a party calls in to cancel their ride because they don’t want to ride in the rain, and we plan to carry out the ride, no refund will be given.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we feel would put our horses, other riders, or themselves in danger.
- Please remember that gratuities are not included in your ride price.
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.