UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:30 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours
This is the Best Kayaking Experience on Oahu. This self-guided* Oahu kayak tour takes you up a calm river into the valley then out into the bay for a great view of the coast. Enjoy the picturesque landscape of turquoise ocean, secluded beach, green-clad mountains and plentiful jungle of Kahana Valley. The whole place has an amazonian like feel to it.
*No tour guide provided. You will need a vehicle to transport the equipment for about 1 mile. We provide foam pads and straps that fit most vehicles
- Great for anyone, easy to learn, relaxing and beautiful
- Calm water on the river
- Scenic views and plenty of green
- One of the most exclusive places on Oahu to kayak
- Apply sunscreen and wear a swimsuit
- Bring/wear water shoes or athletic shoes if you want to hike around on Chinaman’s Hat.
- If you bring snacks and water, be sure to pack out the trash.
- Please leave valuables at home or use a drybag we provide with the self-guided experience.
- Foam pads and straps are provided to help transport the kayaks.
- Be prepared with a vehicle to transport the kayak for about 1 mile.
- Life vests, all other kayak equipment is provided
- Minimum Age is 3 years and older.
- Maximum weight is 200 lbs per person. Our tandem kayak weight capacity is 425lbs.
- Preferred if guest knows how to swim or have water experience and feel comfortable in the water.
- No tour guide provided. You will need a vehicle to transport the equipment for about 1 mile. We provide foam pads and straps that fit most vehicles.
- Guests will need to sign a waiver.
Meet-up location: Parking lot at Keneke’s Grill at Punaluu
53-138 Kamehameha Hwy Kaaawa, HI 96730
Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/UTw2fML9aHy
It’s in front of a local restaurant called Keneke’s Grill. There is plenty of room to park before you continue to the kayaking location.
The driver will be there with the equipment at or a little before the reservation time. Our drivers often use personal vehicles, so keep an eye out for a vehicle with orange kayaks.
Ahupuaʻa ʻO Kahana State Park
Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/fEpwrtsv2jk
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour time.