UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:30 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours
This is the Best Kayaking Experience on Oahu. This self-guided* Oahu kayak tour takes you up a calm river into the valley then out into the bay for a great view of the coast. Enjoy the picturesque landscape of turquoise ocean, secluded beach, green-clad mountains and plentiful jungle of Kahana Valley. The whole place has an amazonian like feel to it.
*No tour guide provided. You will need a vehicle to transport the equipment for about 1 mile. We provide foam pads and straps that fit most vehicles
- Great for anyone, easy to learn, relaxing and beautiful
- Calm water on the river
- Scenic views and plenty of green
- One of the most exclusive places on Oahu to kayak
- Apply sunscreen and wear a swimsuit
- Bring/wear water shoes or athletic shoes if you want to hike around on Chinaman’s Hat.
- If you bring snacks and water, be sure to pack out the trash.
- Please leave valuables at home or use a drybag we provide with the self-guided experience.
- Foam pads and straps are provided to help transport the kayaks.
- Be prepared with a vehicle to transport the kayak for about 1 mile.
- Life vests, all other kayak equipment is provided
- Minimum Age is 3 years and older.
- Maximum weight is 200 lbs per person. Our tandem kayak weight capacity is 425lbs.
- Preferred if guest knows how to swim or have water experience and feel comfortable in the water.
- No tour guide provided. You will need a vehicle to transport the equipment for about 1 mile. We provide foam pads and straps that fit most vehicles.
- Guests will need to sign a waiver.
Location: Keneke’s Grill at Punaluu, Parking lot
Address: 53-138 Kamehameha Hwy, Hauula, HI 96717
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/qUioPz4KZHGR6Ps17
The driver will meet you at Keneke’s Grill at Punaluu to deliver and pick up the equipment. Driving directions will be provided in confirmation and reminder emails. Expect the guide to arrive at or a little before the tour reservation time.
Our drivers often use a large white pickup truck with a kayak trailer, so keep an eye out for them. The driver will be there at or a little before the tour reservation time.
The meeting location is a large parking area in front of a local restaurant called Keneke’s Grill at Punaluu.
From there, we will provide pads and straps for your vehicle so you can launch the kayaks at this close location:
- Kahana Bay Beach Park (~1 minute Drive): https://goo.gl/maps/VHCKDJCWrzSpT9WD9
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour time.