UPDATED 2023: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: Every 30 Minutes from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Duration: Up to 9 Hours*
*Based on 8:00AM departure and 5:00PM return time.
Make your visit to Kailua, Oahu an all-day adventure. You’ll be able to kayak at your own pace and get all the gear you need for an amazing day on Kailua Bay. You can even grab some beach gear once you are done Kayaking. You can kayak to the Mokes, Popoia Island, and all around Kailua Bay. Take a break and relax on the beach and soak in the sun. We’ll provide you with instruction, dry bags, snorkel gear, safety equipment, and permits for landing on the islands.
- Kayak at your own pace and explore Kailua Bay
- Keep an eye out for wildlife, the Mokes are a common Hawaiian Monk Seal resting area.
- Kayak to Flat Island (Popoia Island) and the Twin Islands, Na Mokulua, and walk around the perimeter of the bird sanctuaries.
- Find hidden coves and places to enjoy nature and relax in Kailua or its offshore islands.
- Wear a swimsuit
- Be prepared to walk your kayak to the beach
- Bring shoes or hiking sandals for the walk around the bird sanctuary
- Sunscreen that is safe for the reef
- Change of clothes
- Leave valuables at home
- Minimum Age is 8 years and older. We highly recommend that all participants be proficient at swimming.
- Children 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum weight is 260 lbs per person. Our tandem kayak weight capacity is 425 lbs.
- Preferred if guest knows how to swim or have water experience and feel comfortable in the water.
- No tour guide provided. You will need a vehicle to transport the equipment for about 1 mile. We provide foam pads and straps that fit most vehicles.
- Guests will need to sign a waiver.
Location: Active Oahu Tours, Storefront
Address: 134B Hamakua Dr. Kailua HI, 96734
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CPBdWVU6BNhUCxVX8
Check-in: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour time.
Our friendly team will be there to guide you through strapping the kayak on your vehicle and provide you with all the necessary equipment. All you need is a 4-door car to transport it.
- You can come as early as 8 AM to take advantage of the all-day experience. On your self-guided Kayak tour in Kailua Bay, you’ll have everything you need to have an adventurous time out on Kailua Bay.
- This tour is for the adventurous and those up for more of a challenge.