UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Closed Tuesday and Thursday) (December 1-April 2)
- Tour Times: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 2 Hours
Lahaina Premier Early Bird Whale Watch!
Have you ever seen a real live humpback whale? Well now’s your chance! We offer an awesome, fully narrated 2 hour Maui whale watching tour during whale season (December – April). And there’s no better place than Maui, known for its high concentration of these magnificent animals. If you haven’t had the experience of seeing a humpback in the wild, our whale watching tours in Maui are a must do on your vacation! The Quicksilver is a great boat for Maui whale watching because of its double decks.
These animals are amazingly active during their short stay in Hawaii. They’re here to mate and give birth. The warm, relatively shallow water of Ma’alaea Bay is the ideal place for these activities. The rest of the year they spend their time feeding in Alaska. These whales can stay underwater for up to 30 minutes. Upon surfacing, they exhale at an alarming rate. The lungs of a full grown adult whale can be as large as a VW bug! When they exhale, you can see their “blow” from miles away.
A breach is also a common and very exciting sight to see while whale watching in Lahaina. Imagine what a sight it is to see a whale as large as a school bus jumping almost completely out of the water! It’s hard to explain how awe-inspiring it really is. Ready to experience the wonder for yourself?
- Professional Friendly Captain & Crew.
- Up-close experience Humpback Whales and underwater ‘hydrophone’ hear the whales sing.
- Complimentary cold water, juice & Coke products!
- Bring a towel, swimsuit, Reef-Safe sunscreen, Light Jacket or Sweater, Video or Camera & A SMILE!
Location: Lahaina Harbor, Main Loading Dock.
Address: 675 Wharf St, Lahaina, HI 96761,
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/bJ8y2pPzfHTqd2GRA
Check-in: Please check-in 30 minutes prior to your tour time at the Main Loading Dock.
Look for the “Quicksilver Charters Check-in” A-frame sign and the blue Quicksilver shirt crew.
Parking: There are several parking lots in Lahaina and 3 that we recommend. Please see the parking map in the photos.
- Guests need to fill out the Liability Waiver before checking in, or check-in may be delayed.
- Kids 6 & under are free – (1) per paying adult. Additional kids (6 & under) must purchase a child ticket.