- Big Island Eco Tours
- Big Island Hiking & Climbing
- Big Island Tours & Activities
- Hiking & Climbing
- Private Tours
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. (Closed Sunday).
- Tour Times: 6:50 AM
- Duration: 8 Hours*
*Travel time round-trip is approx. 3.5 hours from Waikoloa resorts and 4 hours from HFT, Kona.
UPGRADE to an affordable Private Ohana tour and experience the “Kohala Waterfalls Adventure” exclusively with your family or small group.
Immerse yourself in stunning private waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure. Kick off the fun with an off-road drive to an exclusive trailhead.
- Exclusive experience with your family or small group
- Ramble off-road in a 4-wheel-drive vehicle
- Take a relaxed, guided walk through a private nature reserve
- Cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls
- Enjoy a private picnic lunch with views of soaring sea cliffs and remote valleys, at one of the island’s best scenic lookouts.
- Deli-style lunch with assorted beverages.
- Sunscreen and bug spray are also available upon request.
- Gear – Walking sticks and rain jackets.
- Reusable water bottle
- Comfortable walking shoes or reef walkers
- Bathing suit
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, and a light jacket or sweatshirt
- Minimum 4 participants, Maximum of 9 participants.
- Tour is rated Easy. Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Expect to cover approximately 1.5 miles in 1 – 2 hours. Expect to do minimal climbing. The estimated elevation gain over the course of the hike is about 200’.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Waterfall Water temperature varies and ranges between 60 and 70 degrees F, very cool and refreshing.
Pick-up Location and Time:
- Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters – 6:50 AM
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai (Front Entrance) – 7:10 AM
- Queens’ Market Place (Look For Charlie’s Thai Cuisine, and we’ll be at the curb!) – 7:30 AM
- Shops at Mauna Lani (in front of the Foodland Store) – 7:40 AM
- Kohala Zipline Headquarters – 8:15 AM
- KW Landing Zone – 9:15 AM
Note: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. Please be on time as these pick ups determine when we start our tours. Mahalo