UPDATED 2022: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (Closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Tour Time: 9:00 AM
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx., from pick up to drop off)
Enjoy the best of nature on this once-in-a-lifetime Manoa Falls hike!
A quick drive away from the city of Waikiki is the forest of Manoa, well-known for its hiking trail, Manoa Falls Trail. Join us on an unforgettable hike on this premier Oahu nature tour!
This trail is accessible and appropriate for all ages. It is located in the middle of the island and is surrounded by Hawaii’s endemic flowers, trees, and native birds. The end of the trail leads you to Manoa Falls, a 150-foot waterfall.
There may be slight rain, and this trail may be wet and muddy, but the clean air, water, and trees make this the ultimate nature tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off in Waikiki
- See Hawaiian native rainforest plants
- Learn about the legends and history of Manoa Valley on a hike
- Experience the spectacular power of Manoa Falls
- Enjoy a delicious lunch with a panoramic view atop Tantalus Lookout.
- Please bring comfortable shoes and clothing. (Please make sure your shoes can be in the mud, as this part of the island can receive rain.)
- Poncho or Rainwear in the case of Rain.
- Mosquito spray is also a good idea.
- We recommend only children 4 years of age and older
- It is not recommended to swim on this tour.
- Minimum of 4 guests must be booked for the tour to take place.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5 minutes window for your driver to arrive.
- Tour Capacity: 22 people. We will provide 1 guide for up to 11 people.
- Tour schedule is subject to change due to unexpected weather, traffic, or other various circumstances.
- Pastrami Sandwich
- Tuna sandwich
- Veggie sandwich
- Acai bowl
*Water bottle included at lunch.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time and allow a 5-minute window for your driver to arrive.
- 9:00 AM – Aqua Palms Waikiki (in front of the IHOP restaurant at 1850 Ala Moana Blvd.)
- 9:05 AM – Ala Moana Hotel (Mahukona Street)
- 9:10 AM – Prince Hotel (Harbor Exit outside of the Prince Hotel)
- 9:12 AM – Army Museum Bus Stop Kalia Road (near the bus stop on Kalia Drive)
- 9:15 AM – Ambassador Hotel (Hotel Lobby)
- 9:20 AM – DFS/T. Galleria (Royal Hawaiian Avenue)
- 9:25 AM – Hyatt Regency (Koa Avenue)
- 9:30 AM – Waikiki Beach Marriott (at the bus depot on Paokalani Avenue)
- 9:00-9:30 AM – Pick up at Waikiki hotels
- Tour guide confirms all guests and the Van departs Waikiki.
- 10:00 AM – Arrival at the trail head
- The Manoa Falls Trail winds through a tropical forest used in many blockbuster films and TV shows, including Jurassic Park and Lost. It is a fun and easy hike suitable for people of all ages!
- Tour guide shares tour overview. Restroom stop at the facility.
- 10:15 AM – Ready, Set, Hike!
- As we go along the trail, don’t forget to keep your eyes, ears, and nose ready to absorb the natural beauty of Hawaii.
- 10:30 AM – Experience the tropical rainforest energy
- Our knowledgeable tour guide will share fun facts and information about Hawaii’s plants, flowers, and trees of Mānoa Valley. We stop at scenic locations for nice picture opportunities.
- 11:00 AM – Arrival at Manoa waterfall. (Enjoy the site for 15 minutes)
- At the end of this 45-minute hike, you arrive in the “Valley of Rainbows”, just steps away from the foot of Manoa Falls. This 150-foot waterfall will leave you breathless!
- 11:15 AM – Hiking back out
- The hard part is over and it’s all downhill from here! Don’t forget to take any pictures or videos you might have missed on the way up!
- 12:00-12:30 PM – Arrive at the local sandwich shop
- We’ll enjoy a delicious sandwich from Andy’s Sandwich Shop. Your choice of a pastrami sandwich, tuna sandwich, veggie sandwich, or acai bowl.
- 1:15 PM -Lunch With View at Tantalus Lookout
- From Oahu’s rainforest, we take you to the top of the world at Tantalus Lookout! Nestled atop a 1,000+ foothill, you’ll enjoy lunch with a breathtaking panoramic view of Honolulu and Waikiki.
- Tantalus also features its own unique natural ecosystem, which our guide can share.
- 1:45 PM – 2:15 PM – A Hui Hou! Until we meet again …
- Return to Waikiki
Please note: This schedule may be changed according to the weather, traffic, and the situation of condition.