UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Closed Sunday)
- Tour Time: 9:30 AM, 3:30 PM
- Duration: 1 Hour
Restore the Land
As emissions rise and many wonder how they can curb their carbon footprint, tree plantings remain a simple but powerful way to fight pollution and create a legacy that will give back to the earth and the community for decades to come. When you plant a tree in Gunstock Ranch’s Legacy Forest, you not only send a ripple of positive change, but you participate directly in a special cultural experience.
During your tree planting and eco-tour, our guides will talk about the history of the Hawaiian land and how your tree will contribute to healing the local ecosystem. You’ll see wildlife, grazing cattle, and ocean views, then personally plant the tree in a memorable ceremony. When you leave, you’ll have made a measurable difference in the effort to create a sustainable future.
One Monarch Milo included per tour group. If you’d like to plant additional trees, you can upgrade to a specially dedicated and trackable tree. Proprietary technology lets you virtually monitor your tree’s growth and a dedication can be a wonderful way to honor a loved one or commemorate a special event.
- We recommend that you wear long pants, sunglasses, and covered shoes for this ride.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- Small cameras are welcome.
- For chilly days, it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Minimum 2 persons to book a tour (Single riders are able to book with a $25 surcharge)
- Gunstock Ranch is an alcohol-free establishment. No intoxicated riders will be allowed on a ride.
- Smoking is not allowed at our check-in area or on the ride.
- Backpacks and large jackets are not allowed on the rides.
- A liability waiver must be thoroughly read and signed.
- Check-in time is 30 min. before scheduled ride time. Please allow ample time to reach us.
- We plan to ride rain or shine. In the event, we cancel a ride due to conditions we feel are unsafe for our trails, no charges will be applied and a full refund will be issued. If a party calls in to cancel their ride because they don’t want to ride in the rain, and we plan to carry out the ride, no refund will be given.
Location: Gunstock Ranch
Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/s66Sqmk34A42
Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time for check-in. Each rider must attend a 15-min safety briefing prior to riding.