- Hawaii Volcano Tours
- Island Hopping Day Tours
- Oahu Island Hopping Tours
- Oahu Tours & Activities
- Oahu Volcano Tours
UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Wednesday and Friday
- Tour Time: 5:30 AM
- Duration: 15 Hours 30 Minutes (approx.)
A volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents and miles of lava beds! Our Big Island Tours are once again visiting parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (HVNP). Recent volcanic eruptions have drastically changed the landscape of the park, and for the time being, the Visitor Center, Steam Vents, Thurston Lava Tube, and parts of Chain of Craters Road are the only areas that have reopened.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* – Breakfast Buffet (on own)
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook* – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook* – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail* – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Lavaloha Chocolate tour*
- O.K. Farms Spice Road experience
- Rainbow Falls* – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Return from Hilo, Hawaii to Oahu
*Denotes tour stops
- Guests are advised to NOT bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
- In order to be in compliance with FAA regulations, we require the full names of all persons on tour with air transportation. International visitors must have a valid passport to fly interisland on these tours and all U.S. citizens must have a current government ID. This name must be exactly as it appears on your valid, government-issued photo identification. Air carriers will deny boarding if the passenger name, as shown does not match name on air ticket. If a passenger is denied boarding due to non-compliance with this requirement there will be no refund.
- The guest is responsible for transportation to and from the airport on their departure island.
- There is no Polynesian Adventure representative at the airport of your departure island. Please proceed to check-in and board your flight. You will meet your tour guide at your destination.
Upon arrival to the destination, please exit baggage and meet the Polynesian Adventure vehicle in the Tour Bus pick area.
Location: HONOLULU AIRPORT (DEPARTURES), Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter.
Address: 300 Rodgers Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96819
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/19bU9sSmU7JjFj6e8
- Please proceed to the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter to check in for your flight to Hilo. Check-in at 5:30 AM at the Honolulu Airport (Hawaiian Airlines counter). The approximate return from Hilo to Oahu is about 9:00 PM.
- Volcanic activity changes hourly, viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
- Flight confirmation will be emailed to you approx 1 week before your departure date.
- If you require any special accommodations due to disability, please include them under the special requirements at the time of booking. 72 hours notice required prior to the date and time of service.
There is a NO CANCELLATION & NO REFUND policy on all ONE-DAY FLYAWAY Tours. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.