Pupukea Marine Life Conservation, Sharks Cove has been rated by Scuba Diving Magazine as one of the “Top Twelve Shore Dives in the World” for snorkeling – no experience necessary! All our snorkeling tours are guided tours. There is instruction from a professional instructor before entering the water.
We will take you to “Turtle cove”, home of the Honu (Hawaiian green sea turtles). This area is known to tourists as “Sharks cove” and draws in the crowds. As the shore can be packed with visitors, we take you farther out to get away from the crowd. We will bring you to the turtle cleaning station where sea turtles come to get their shell cleaned by small fish at the back of Sharks cove.
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jacket
- Professional Snorkeling instructor/Guide
- Snorkeling safety tips
- Guidelines on being an environmentally friendly snorkeler
- Available: May through September on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Tour Times: 9:00am, 11:30am, 2:00pm
- Duration: 1.5 Hours (15-20 minutes instructions, approx. 1 hour snorkeling)
Requirements & Restrictions:
- 2 persons minimum to book
- Must be 8+ years old
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time
- Please leave all personal belongings secured in your car
Location: Sharks Cove on Oahu’s North Shore. We will meet at the North Shore Bike Trail. Please see transportation tab for detailed instructions.
- Address: 59-639 Ke Iki Rd, Haleiwa, HI 96712
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/fVkBP4916cr
- Please arrive at the meeting place 15-minutes prior to departure time. If you are not at meeting place on time, you may miss the tour without refund.
- Please be aware of traffic, especially for the 11:30 am and 2 pm tours – there is always heavy traffic on the North Shore. Drive safely!
We will meet at the North Shore Bike Trail. It is located on the opposite side (Ocean side) of PUULA ROAD on Kamehameha Hwy at the lawn area, next to a green bike pass sign. Please arrive 15 min early.
For google map directions, click here.
From Waikiki, Wailua or Haleiwa town: Pass Waimea Bay, fire station (on the left) and Pupukea Food Land (on the right), 0.2 mile from fire station. Pass all food trucks (such as North Shore Tacos etc) and car repair shop Pupukea service on your right. As soon as you pass PUULA ROAD on the right, meeting place is on the left (Ocean side) lawn area, there is green “Bike pass” sign.
The guide will call your name.
From Kahuku (Turtle Bay Resort): Pass the sunset beach, 1.2 miles from the Pipeline and a Sunset elementary school. When you pass KUMUPALI ROAD, slow down you are 0.2 miles to get meeting place. Just before PUULARoad there is lawn area by the Ocean, find a green bike pass sign. If you see the fire station on your right and Pupukea Food Land on your left you already passed. It is 0.2 mile before the fire station.