UPDATED 2023: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Daily
- Tour Times: 6:45 AM
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
This excursion visits some of the best sites on the Road to Hana while forgoing a full-day journey.
The experience begins on the north shore in the vibrant beach town of Paia before stopping at Hoʻokipa Beach Park. As we venture further east, the scenery transforms into dense tropical rainforest. The excursion winds through lush valleys, past silver waterfalls, and includes stops at the Garden of Eden and Keanae Peninsula.
Throughout the tour, our NAI Certified guides offer insightful information about East Maui’s distinct plant and animal life and the unique history and culture of the area.
- Hotel Transportation
- 11 passenger Transit Van with Reclining Leather Seats
- Interpretive Tour provided by NAI Certified Guides
- North Shore and Rainforest Tour along Hana Highway
- Lunch in Paia Town at Island Fresh Café
- Drinks / Snacks
- Entrance into the Garden of Eden
- Lasting Lifetime Memories
- Closed-toe shoes
- Warm Weather Clothing
- Day Pack – to store belongings in the vehicle
- Small snacks/water
- ALL GUESTS MUST:
- Understand and acknowledge the risks involved in such an activity and sign a risk acknowledgement form before participating
- Be physically capable of enduring this activity which includes winding roads, high elevation, and exposure to cold temperatures.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Follow any rules and guidelines provided by our team. Guests who refuse to abide by rules will be denied services without a refund.
- All ages welcome.
- Activities may be canceled by Haleakala EcoTours for reasons including but not limited to inclement weather, road hazards, lack of participation, resource allocation, etc.
- All participants must complete electronic waivers prior to participation.
Location: Haleakala EcoTours
Address: 810 Haiku Road #120, Haiku, Maui, HI 96708
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/T6R2DSiUJhTu2pZZ6
Today Paia is a popular surf destination, however, Paia’s history is as intriguing as it is fascinating. Learn about how the Sugar Plantations shaped this town and the culture of the island, and how this small north shore town was once a gathering place for entertainment and fun.
Like Paia, Haiku has its roots in agriculture. The Pineapple industry built this small, rural town, with the pineapple cannery as the center of the action. Haiku also played a pivotal part in World War 2 by being the home of the Fourth Division Marines during the 1940s.
The taro farms, church, and community here have some of the richest history on Maui. Learn how the Keanae Peninsula came to be.
GARDEN OF EDEN
Visiting the Garden of Eden is reason enough to travel down the famous Hana Highway.
The impressive voyaging skills of early Polynesians changed the course of history by spreading their culture across the Pacific. Learn about these ancient evolving people and culture, and the myths and legends that inspired them. From the first arrival of the Marquesans to the second wave of Tahitians, see how they established a civilization and birthed monarchies, including the Kamehameha dynasty which united the Hawaiian Islands.
Choice of the following:
- Shaka Tacos: Your choice of Cajun fish or shrimp with black beans, Maui avocado and cheese on corn tortillas with house made Maui pineapple salsa. Served with organic greens
- Island Burger: Maui Cattle grass fed beef with cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, and avocado aioli
- Fresh Fish Sandwich: Fresh island fish, locally grown greens, tomato, and avocado aioli
- Maui-liscious Vegetarian Wrap: Seasonal veggies, tofu, pesto (cheese), avocado, and onions wrapped in a tortilla
- Farmers Market Salad: Locally grown greens and seasonal vegetables with Island fresh house salad. Avocado upon request
Beverages: Coffee, Hot Tea, Water or Assorted Soft Drinks and Juice
- 6:30 AM – Hotel Pick-Up
- 6:45 AM – Depart
- 7:45 AM – Paia Town
- 8:00 AM – Haiku Marketplace (restrooms, snacks)*
- 8:30 AM – Bamboo Forest
- 8:35 AM – Rainbow Eucalyptus
- 8:40 AM – Waikamoi Nature Preserve
- 8:45 AM – Weeping Wall
- 9:00 AM – Kaumahina State Wayside Park*
- 9:30 AM – Honomanu Bay
- 9:40 AM – Keanae Peninsula*
- 10:15 AM – Waikani Falls
- 10:30 AM – Puaa Ka’a State Wayside Park*
- 11:15 AM – Wailua Valley Overlook*
- 11:45 AM – Garden of Eden Arboretum*
- 1:30 PM – Island Fresh Café, Lunch*
- 2:15 PM – Paia Town
- 3:30 PM – Hotel Drop-Off
*Denotes a Stop