UPDATED 2021: Description of activity subject to change without notice due to new limitations and updated capacities. Thank you.
- Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
- Tour Times: 7:30 AM
- Duration: 5 Hours
Dive into this Turtle Town & Molokini Crater Snorkeling Tour
Join us on our awesome Molokini and Turtle Town snorkeling in Maui adventure aboard Malolo. Malolo is a 55 foot comfortable, stable catamaran. She is equipped with easy-access stairways into the water on both the front and rear of the boat. There are also two restrooms, trampolines to lay out on and a friendly, experienced captain and crew. A continental breakfast and deli lunch are both included as is all your snorkeling gear. We also have flotation devices such as foam noodles, body boards and float vests for your use. Optional wetsuits and high-quality 16 mega pixel Olympus underwater digital cameras are available to rent.
Imagine swimming in a sunken volcano that teems with thousands of fish, while splashing in crystal clear water. On this Molokini Crater snorkeling tour, cruise out to the crater, before jumping in the crystalline waters and scouring the colorful reef. Make a second stop, dependent upon conditions, and search for turtles while snorkeling at Turtle Town in Maui or at Coral Gardens. This family-friendly Turtle Town and Molokini Crater snorkeling is one of the island’s most popular adventures, and an unforgettable day of exploring the underwater world.
Molokini is an extinct volcanic cone and the snorkeling visibility is usually 100 feet or more! Many different species of marine life live within Molokini. Green sea turtles, fish, urchins, harmless sharks, manta rays and coral surrounded by crystal clear water all year around make Molokini Crater snorkeling a must-do on your vacation activity list. This boat tour is on all tourist must-see lists, and it’s one of Maui’s best activities. Snorkeling at Molokini Crater is also one of Maui’s most family-friendly activities.
**Food not included for free kids. Must purchase child’s ticket to include food.
- Deli Lunch
- Ice Water, Chilled Soda, and Hot Tea.
- Professional, friendly, safety-oriented, experienced captain and crew
- Informative and historical narrative
- Top-quality snorkel gear
- Optional wetsuit and underwater digital camera rentals
- Flotation devices
- Plenty of Jimmy Buffet music
- Bring a light Jacket/ Sweater, Video/ Camera & A SMILE!
- Digital underwater cameras are available for purchase. If you wear prescription glasses, there are optical masks you can rent to use underwater. If you tend to run cold, there are wetsuits for rent, and they bring flotation devices galore.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum drinking age: 21 years old.
- All snorkel spots are determined daily weather permitting. please understand and respect Captain’s decision on snorkel locations – In your best interest.
- Guests need to fill out the Liability Waiver before checking in, or check-in may be delayed.
Location: Boss Frog’s Snorkel, Bike & Beach Rentals
Address: 300 Maalaea Rd Building 2, Shop #2N, Wailuku, HI 96793
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/wwRxBNaE6rmZjqw39
Check-in: Please check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time at the Boss Frog Ma’alaea Shop.
Parking: Paid parking is available next to the boat ($.50/ hour) & the free parking lot is between the Maui Ocean Center and 76 Gas Station.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase).
- Mixed muffins, pastries, and fruit
- Hot Coffee and Tea
- Ice-cold soda, juice, and water
- Turkey and ham Hawaiian sweet roll sliders with all the fixings
- Hawaiian sweet roll sliders with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, and avocado mayo (vegetarian option – must be called into reservations at time of booking)
- Mediterranean pasta salad
- Vegetable platter with homemade ranch dressing
- Chocolate chip cookies and triple chocolate brownie bites
- Beer, wine, and cocktails $3.00 each
- Ice-cold soda, juice, and water
*Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian & Gluten-Free meals can be made available only upon request when booking reservations.
**Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase). Minimum drinking age: 21 years old.