“He ‘Ohana Kakou” (We are ‘Ohana) – Experience an evening of delicious food and authentic Polynesian entertainment. Held under the stars on the shores of Kamakahonu Bay and Ahu’ena – Kamehameha the Great’s former estate in Kailua-Kona, the Island Breeze Lū’au has been named “Best of West Hawai’i” since 2000.
The evening begins with a warm welcome and an opportunity to meet the performers, while learning traditional arts & crafts. Watch the “Kalua’ana o ka Pua’a”, the uncovering of the imu (underground oven).
Hawai’i’s only lū’au, featuring the arrival of the Royal Court aboard an outrigger canoe.
A lavish Hawaiian buffet with local favorites including kalua pork, fresh fish, grilled beef and fresh island produce all combined with an open bar.
“He ‘Ohana Kakou“is Island Breeze’s newest production. There is nothing more important in Hawai’i than ‘ohana (family). The word ‘ohana literally means “the offshoots” referring to the new shoots on our precious staple, the kalo (taro) plant – we are offshoots, forever connected to each other by our common root. Stories and cultural practices were passed down within the family so that today we can honor our ‘ohana and share its beauty with others. We invite you to join us as we celebrate ‘ohana. Meet our Polynesian cousins from Samoa, Tahiti & New Zealand. Hear our stories through song & dance as we present the splendor and beauty of this land we call paradise.
- Availability: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays; Holiday Luaus are held on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve with Holiday Ticket Pricing***
- Tour Time: 5:30 PM
- Duration: 3 Hours
- 5:30 pm – Check-in for HanoHano* guests (preferred seating option).
- 5:45 pm – Check-in for Standard guests
- 5:30/5:45 pm – Open Bar & Seating begins so that once you’re checked in you can go right over.
- 6:00 pm – Arts & Crafts, followed by a hula lesson & the Imu Ceremony.
- 6:10 pm – Royal Court Arrival & Presentation, with the opening Oli (chant) & Hula followed by the start of dinner.
- 7:20 pm – Island Breeze Polynesian Revue (Open Bar closes shortly after the show begins.)
- 8:30 pm – Luau ends
*HanoHano Upgrade (preferred seating option):
- Includes quick check-in at our reservation desk, express line in the lei greeting/photo area, reserved seating to the front of the program, preferential buffet service.
- Seating is limited for the HanoHano packages, so guests must book seats in advance (please request during checkout). HanoHano seating is paid at the door when you arrive. You will not be able to cancel the HanoHano portion at check-in. ($18.50+tax per adult, $13.50+tax per child).
Location: Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel
Address: 75-5660 Palani Rd F2, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/iq6HLikbKxk
Includes shell lei greeting, photo taking, ticket purchase or voucher exchange and parking validation. The check-in desk is located in the Hawaiian Monarchy Room located across from the Courtyard Business Library and hotel parking lot entrance. All guests must check in at the Hawaiian Monarchy Room, payment for upgraded “Ali’i” seating is made at this time.
Available at the Courtyard Marriot King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel. Validation is given at the time of check in and during the lü’au. Parking is $5.00 with validation
- ***Holiday ticket pricing is applicable to luaus held on Thanksgiving (November 28, 2019), Christmas Eve (December 24, 2019), Christmas Day (December 25, 2019) and New Years Eve (December 31, 2019). Please select applicable field during booking.
- October 8th and 13th luaus will be held at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa Keauhou (during Ironman event)
- An Optional Premium CASH Bar (not included in ticket price; cash only – no credit cards) may be available, subject to change without notice.
- Please note: Special request for a vegetarian, gluten free, or celiac meal requires 24 hour notice.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled activity time for check-in.
Island Breeze Lu’au Polynesian Feast
- Tossed Greens w/Assorted Dressings (papaya seed, thousand island, Italian)
- Three Bean Salad
- Pickled Cucumber-Ogo Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Lomo Lomi Salmon
- Pineapple Cubes
- Fresh Island Papaya
- Sweet Potatoes – Coconut Butter
- White Rice
- Kona Coffee BBQ Chicken
- Island Fish – with ginger, soy, and scallions
- Kona Broil – Beef Teriyaki
- Kalua Pig
- Banana Bread
- Chocolate Cake
- Banana- Coconut Cake
- Coffee- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Hot Tea
- Hosted Standard Bar
- No-Host Premium Bar (Available for Purchase)
An Optional Premium CASH Bar (not included in ticket price; cash only – no credit cards) may be available, subject to change without notice.
Please note: Special request for a vegetarian, gluten free, or celiac meal requires 24 hour notice.
Food options may change without notice.